SmartThings iOS client 1.6.59 (January 25, 2021)

Thanks for the heads-up. I had to do that, too.

Lost my automations. :disappointed_relieved: signing out and signing back in didnā€™t help. I donā€™t feel like using Markā€™s paid Time to recreate them so I guess Iā€™m done.

2 Likes

It is difficult to know what to say when an upgrade to the Android app results in a number of issues of a variety of severity levels which were recognised before the roll out was even completed, and then while these issues remain ā€˜officiallyā€™ unacknowledged and are also ongoing for many, the iOS upgrade rolls out and causes more of the same. ā€˜WTAF?ā€™ doesnā€™t really cut it.

2 Likes

Right. Not that my feelings about this matter but I am so fed up with this platform.

Weā€™ve had promise after promise only to be let down. At this point any credibility that did exist is lost for me.

I certainly will never recommend ST to anyone again.

Check those Automations again - I redid my preconditions and saved, but checking again they arenā€™t saved.

Ugh, youā€™re right. Me, too.

I have a feeling this may be a UI display issue. Does the precondition seem to be working?

I was hoping this update would fix the scenes issue. Do you still have your problem as well? Any updates from your ticket?

Ughā€¦ the new app just sent me the same notification 99 times

Incase anyone is having issues with Scenes not showing up, see this:

1 Like

It appears that automations canā€™t see the conditions for all but 15 of my devices, so those are now all broken. Wonderful

You are correct, at least for me. The automation runs as expected, even though the precondition is shown incorrectly.

Over on Facebook one user reports that setting the precondition using an Android app allowed the iOS app to display it correctly.

2 Likes

I would recommend that folks report it to support@smartthings.com so that can replicate/register the issue and hopefully fix it. While these forums are supported by the engineers I donā€™t think they actively monitor all reports.

Iā€™m afraid to update the iOS app based on what I read above (and really donā€™t have time to troubleshoot now). Is there anyone who can send a note when itā€™s safe to update? Iā€™m not expecting Samsung to make it clear.

It sounds like there are some having issues with scenes and automations. I guess I must be one of the lucky ones since I havenā€™t had any issues with either since the update. Before that, I was having issues were automations either partially executed or sometimes a scene called from within an automation didnā€™t run. Iā€™m happy to report I havenā€™t had those problems since the update. All of my devices are present, as well, after the update.

They added an ā€œEditā€ on the ā€œLinked Servicesā€ screen

And another thingā€¦ Automations are now randomly allowing access to cloud based devices. I have globe suite and wiz devices cloud linked to ST. And they do not even show up as devices that can be used within automations. This is like just hours apart. One moment they are visible. The next time I go to the automation , they are gone.

Smart lighting does still show the devices and can be controlled. My only problem with Smart Lighting is that I canā€™t choose a white light lower than 2700 K within Smart Lighting whereas automations and scene allows choosing a white down to 2200K. A major difference for me.

I was forced to update to gain access to one my devices but so far I havenā€™t had much issues. I believe that itā€™s because I donā€™t use many ST Rules or Scenes but use webCoRE for most of my Rules.

Once webCoRE becomes obsolete, I will be in a world of hurt unless STā€™s own Rule Engine dramatically improves. Right now, itā€™s just too unreliable.

2 Likes

well @jkp jinxed me. got some low storage warnings on my iphone today, and low and behold, the SmartThings app was taking up 6.5 GB. Iā€™ve also added SmartThings cams recently, so iā€™m wondering if some cache from them is taking up space.

1 Like