SmartThings iOS app update 1.6.89 (August 19, 2022)

I now have a badge on the ‘Life’ icon that will not go away.

Yup, their QA is pretty much non-existent on the iOS side of things. I have to believe they contract out their iOS work, as they probably aren’t interested in having those skills in-house. This could be part of the problem. Maybe with the money they are saving starting 4Q on AWS charges, they could hire someone that knows what they’re doing… :smirk:

3 Likes

If they contracted it out, it would probably work better with Voiceover voice navigation. Just sayin’…

Unless, of course…

2 Likes

ha! that would explain things :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think the custom labels were already broke in the prior version. I just got the app update today and it’s still broken… :unamused:

I have the previous version installed another iPhone and it’s working fine there. It appears to be related to the latest update.

And Scenes too.

Now multi-switch devices are not able to select ENABLE or DISABLE when selected in THEN for routines. But it still working for Android. This is a big problem for iOS users.

Does the iOS app also have the change to dashboard tiles in All Devices?

Nope, still a list

The background refresh has changed with this version on iPads. When you switch from Portrait to Landscape, there is a 2 second delay before the background imagine or wallpaper adjusts. The wallpapers now have a color difference on the right side when you switch to landscape.

Tiles are fine, they switch and adjust right away.

Or it could be something with my iPad.

I’m not seeing any delays when switching from portrait to landscape on my iPad. Although, I have given up trying to set wallpaper since on my iPad since the SmartThings app resets itself every few days so the wallpaper defaults back to factory and my Rooms order also reset. The SmartThings experience in my iPad is a joke!

1 Like

I never understood why rooms order and devices order change by it self… alone.

2 Likes

It has for ages. Just one of the app features to keep us guessing.

3 Likes

Is anybody else having trouble with greater than conditions combined with a remains statement saving correctly? i.e. Temperature greater than 70 for 10 minutes. It saves without the remains piece.

Mine seems to be working. I just wrote this routine.

That looks like the android app?

iOS you can create:

Then when you save:

Android works fine for me

iOS … with remains for 10 minutes

Yes as Android 13