SmartThings Hub v2 (updated to 47.10) losing control to Fibaro Z-Wave Switches

The IDE is part of the old architecture and is not being updated for the new architecture. You won’t be able to edit anything meaningful there and a lot of the information is older and inaccurate. It’s best just to stop using it unless there’s information that’s absolutely not available any other way. It will be going away soon. (Any devices that you did try to edit through the IDE may need to be removed and re-added in order to work properly.)

In answer to your question about how to install edge Drivers, please start by reading the community FAQ. It should answer most of your questions. But the short answer is that once you have downloaded the new edge driver to your own hub (the FAQ will tell you how to see if it’s there.), then you can just go to the device page in the SmartThings app and change from one edge driver to another there using the device details. So things are actually easier now than they used to be, it just feels weird because it’s different.

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

And here’s a topic on how to do things that you used to do in the IDE. But read the edge FAQ first or it won’t make sense to you.

Life after the IDE: Questions and Answers

1 Like

Thanks JDRoberts,

I haven’t touched my system in ages as it was all just working perfectly. I recall reading something a while ago about the IDE going away, but didn’t realise it was close to happening! I have well over 140 devices and many automations and integrations - i really hope I am not going to have to start from scratch!

I better get reading…

Cheers

1 Like