SmartThings Home Monitor not arming/disarming with automations

Hi all,

I have set up SmartThings automations with the main intent to simply:

1. When everyone leaves - home monitor to change to ‘Armed’
  2. When any one person returns - home monitor to change to ‘Disarmed’

I have attached a photograph to show the automations that have been set up however it is still not changing modes. I do get a notification on my phone though when I am approaching home that the ‘Arrive Home’ automation is working and it changes the security mode to ‘Disarmed’

We have two members (both iPhones) linked to the account.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Did you ever have any luck with this? I am finding something similar - the automation runs (because I added a notification to validate) but my SHM never changes modes based on the automation!

SHM is a feature of the classic app. STHM is the similar feature in the new V3 app. These are completely separate, and an automation created in one will not change the armed status of the other. This Has tripped up a lot of people over the last year or so. :disappointed_relieved:

See the community FAQ (the topic title is a clickable link)

So, First things first: are you trying to change the armed status in SHM? Or STHM?

And then either case, can you post a screenshot of the automation that is not working? Then we could help you better.

1 Like

I’m using the new app, so that automatically means STHM I assume :slight_smile:

After the outage was mostly resolved the other day, I am able to get the armed status to sync - however it is creating an endless loop when I enable the automations to sync, even after adding additional conditions.

Here’s 1/2 of the automations I setup (other 1/2 deals with to/from Away mode) - I usually use webcore, etc so am not super familiar with the v3 apps’ automations yet. Thanks for any help you can provide about how to prevent endless loops! I did notice the alarm device doesn’t actually report ‘Stay’ mode enabled until the 30 second countdown is over, so I am wondering if that could be a source of some problems.