Smartthings compatability with Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite (SM-T220)

Have 2 old tablets, one running Android 5, the other Android 6. As such, I can not run the latest version of SmartThings on them as well as some other apps.

So… I go out and buy a Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite tablet (4GB memory, 64GB storage) thinking that surely it would run SmartThings since the tablet is less than a year old.

When I went into the Google Play Store i see that the tablet is not listed under the supported devices.

Anyone know why this tablet is not supported by the SmartThings app?

Thanks!

tagging @SamsungZell

The same happened to me. I had to download Smartthings directly from the Galaxy Store and it works correctly, although I don’t understand why it is not in the Google Play Store

cljara80,

how did you download it? if i go to the Galaxy Store and click on Install it brings up a dialog and the SM-T220 is grayed out saying it is incompatible.

i’ve downloaded it from an APK site but would much rather get it from Samsung directly.

did you end up having to sideload the APK?

thanks!

It was not necessary to download APK, I installed it directly from Galaxy Store

Hey there! @gwa000, I’m sorry to hear that you’re having issues with downloading the Smart Things Application.

Have you confirmed that your device (SM-T220) is up to date with the latest software version?
Here’s an article on updating your devices:

Have you also checked that you are running the latest version of the Galaxy Store Application on your tablet?

When you select the Galaxy Store app > Menu > About Galaxy Store.

What version is listed and does it state that you are running the latest version under the version information?

If you continue to have issues with downloading from the Galaxy Store after ensuring everything is up to date, you can reach to the Galaxy Store Support team directly.

Mobile Apps and Services: 18666479190
Note: At this time, it is recommended to use the Mobile Apps and Services email contact form located at help.content.samsung.com

I hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

I bought this tablet last year and the SmartThings app was only available from the Samsung Galaxy app store and runs fine. Even got the most recent SmartThings app update too. I’m in the U.S. so if your not then maybe it’s a regional thing?

i was able to install the SmartThings app from the Galaxy Store.

thanks to everyone who replied with their comments and suggestions.

1 Like

my mistake was going to the Galaxy Store via their web site. that is where i saw that the tablet was not compatible.

when i used the Galaxy Store app on the tablet, the SmartThings app installed successfully.

thanks!

1 Like

@gwa000, Thank you for following back up to let us know that you were able to get it installed!

^SamsungZell

Too bad you can’t connect the A7 lite to smart tags

Hello,

Same issue here, I have an older Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2016), SM-T580, yes I know it’s old, but it’s still ok for media consumption and it should be able to install/run SmartThings app as it meets the minimal requirements : 2Gb RAM and Android 8.

I ordered 2 SmartTags (for my pets , I lost one recently) for with the minimal system requirements are again 2Gb RAM + Android 8 and surprise there is no way to make them work with my Samsung tablet.

I factory reset the tablet and updated all software to latest version, the OS is from 2020 (last suported version, 8.1.0), any suggestions?

I believe Android 8.1.0 is no longer supported.

I’m like a week too late …HOW FUNNY! do you know of any way to install a safe old version from an official store?

There are several APK stores that will have the older version that you are looking for.

I was able to install the last version of the APK for android 8.0 but I still have a problem in order to use the smarttags I need to install SmartThings Find, it’a an add-on, and dosen’t install from the app and I cant find it online in any store… ideas?

I will try with the version for android 9, might work

Sorry I don’t use SmartThings Find, so I can’t help you.