Samsung phones not compatible with new app

I have tried both A11 and A21 phones from Boost Mobile, and neither is compatible with the new Smartthings app. Samsung tech support gave me wrong information on the A11 which I bought after returning the A21. Very frustrating. Does anyone have first hand experience with the Samsung A10e, LG K51 or LG Stylo 6?

1 Like

I have stumbled onto the solution to this issue. I simply downloaded the app from the Galaxy Store rather than the Play Store, and the installation went off without a hitch. I’m guessing the A21 that I returned on Samsung’s advice would have had success as well. It’s a shame that Samsung hardware and Smartthings “experts” are not aware of this solution. I have wasted a lot of time and energy on this issue.

3 Likes

Thank you for this answer.
I too successfully downloaded the Smart things app from Samsung store after Play store stated “device is not compatible”.
However I still dont have a smart share button available from the drop down menu in Android 10, anyone know if this is fixable too?

Have someone figure this out yet?? I have an A21 and it says its not compatible with smartthings… I also tried the Samsung store without luck… If I open the app and search for smartthings it doesnt show… and of I use the direct link it gives me this error (com.samsung.w-samsung-connect:2290:9908:2920c3fce003) ideas???

I spent HOURS on the phone w Samsung, and FINALLY received the answer (from Samsung)! It DOES NOT work with the A21, They are aware of this and NO there are no plans to resolve it. Did they offer assistance as I recently had upgraded to the A21. NO THEY DID NOT. So we are just stuck with it not working.

Yet another reason why I will never buy a Samsung phone again. The only consumer product I actually hate with all my heart and wish to see burn in hell for eternity.
Great TVs though.

I bought a samsung MIM-H04 ( kit wifi ) to manage my samsung air conditioners.
Play store tells me that smartthinks is not available for my cell phone.
Nowhere do they report which devices or versions of Android it works with.
I need the app for my cell phone with Android 7,
Âżwhere can I download it? And if not, Âżhow do I use the wifi kit that I bought from you?

You need at least Android 9 to install the current SmartThings.

You could find the apk for and older version and thy that, but many things won’t work.

Paul_Oliver thank you for answering my query.

I bought a Samsung wifi-kit (MIM-H04) and I need to use it with the mobile I have with android 7.

Could you please help me and tell me where I can download an old apk, even if it is with minimal functionality.

APKMirror and APKPure are a couple possible sites.

You will need to go back to version 1.7.65.43 or older, and many or all things won’t work. Many things have changed since that version.

I had the same issue with my A20s and was able to install using Galaxy store.

Same issue with a AO3s. But it no longer seems to be available in the Galaxy store.