SmartThings Cam $20 (may be out-of-stock)

So I’m wondering what to do once I get the camera. As of now I have none so I thought about putting this in the garage. Do most people use cloud connected cameras inside their house? These ate not for outdoor use, right?

The camera is always on… can it be paused or not set to record if the.home is occupied. Would have been cool if it worked in Alexa as a camera & not just a switch.

Well I have a gadget addiction, so I have no valid reason for getting one except to support my addiction… :wink:

These aren’t for outside use, and I’m not sure I’d try to put one in some type of weather resistant enclosure either.

I use Blink, and now this ST camera inside our home to monitor critical areas. This ST cam has a nice wide viewing angle, so where I have it allows me to see the majority of my downstairs areas, including where our pets like to stay when we’re gone. Your use case for the garage is good because you can have STHM take clips for you if you have any intrusion incidents. These cams are also available in STHM for Smoke, so I’ve included it in there as well.

Yup, see my post above. While it’s on it doesn’t record unless you tell it to record. What I don’t like about it being on is that it’s live on your Dashboard and in the details view. That’s a little creepy and something we don’t like, so that’s why we just turn it off when we’re home. Doing that also turns off the motion sensor, but that may be something that can be left on via a setting, but I haven’t played enough with it yet to figure that out.

1 Like

Thanks for the extensive feedback. Once I get mine which might be like tomorrow I’ll see what the possibilities are. When I saw the post about 20 dollars I couldn’t resist. I told.my wife we have to get one…lol.

1 Like

I ordered one late last night (1/25). This morning I got confirmation that it has shipped (1/26) and will be delivered 1/28.
Great price, free delivery, and quick service.

1 Like

I was just able to pick up a few this morning. Sweet! Will replace my wyze cameras and bring another piece if my ecosystem into Smartthings. Yay!

1 Like

I couldn’t help myself…need to feed the addiction…bought another one this morning…

3 Likes

I did too lol

1 Like

I’m thinking the same thing.

1 Like

Have my 4th on the way. First 3 have been rock solid, unfortunately, I paid much more for them

How is night view? Color or B/W?

B&w, but it’s pretty clear imo. Better than my blink cams.

1 Like

Definitely in night view for sure.

Sold out, but I’ve got a question… what’s the next beat alternative for indoor cameras with smartthings that will not break the bank. I have a hub & 1 camera at my mother in laws but am going to need to add maybe 3 more. She will have nurses coming into her home down the road so I’m trying to setup something. Thanks.

@johnconstantelo @Automated_House any suggestions guys.

Unfortunately “with SmartThings” and “affordable” are currently mutually exclusive. If the ring integration is ever updated to include the ring indoor camera, that may not be a bad option.

1 Like

Thanks @Automated_House. I found a smartthings camera for 40 on Walmart so I’m going to grab 2 of them. Have 1 in the house already & if anything I’ll awe what can be added later.

@Automated_House waze doea not work in the smartthings app…correct?

Wyze has said this regarding their plans:

“For the moment it’s not in development. It’s not excluded and we are working on a project that will be a step closer to making it happening. As a SmartThings user myself, that’s an integration that I would like to see happening and rooting for.
Right now, I’m pretty sure that there is no chance for it to happen in the next 7 months (end of Q2). Pretty much all the resources that we have are already committed until that time.”

This was back in December.

Ok thanks @Automated_House

1 Like