Smartthings branded devices won't pair with new hub2

Glad you got it working. Never thought WiFi was the cause. Good to know for sure. I was having a heck of a time with WiFi causing motion sensors and smart bulbs losing connection on my V1 but not for pairing. Things worked perfect for a month with hub 2. Even though I noticed I lost 2.4 WiFi frequency twice since the new hub but thought it was my provider.

I am having the same issue with my v2 hub. It all started when I was trying to add some new devices that I had just purchased. The devices added ok but when I tried to add them to a room I kept getting you are not authorized errors. Then it went downhill from there and I had to do a complete reset which messed everything up. Nate in customer service helped me get this issue fixed but now I can not get my Smarthings branded motion and multi-sensor to connect. My z-wave devices work fine. I followed the instructions about removing the battery, holding the button…etc. I moved my hub all around my house even though it worked perfectly where it was. The first time I did a reset on the devices I got the orange light which turned to a flashing blue light. The hub is connected and the green light is flashing. Nothing seems to work. So frustrated. Everything was working beautifully and now this. About to go Office Space on my equipment.

I’m having this same issue, sort of. I had everything working perfectly fine. I needed to create a new account to separate my two locations. I removed everything from the hub and then removed it as a location on my phone’s app. After I did all this I went to reconnect everything. Z-wave devices, both, worked fine. But my brand new Smartthings motion and door sensor which are both Zigbee will not reconnect. I already tried removing the battery, holding the button, putting it back in and releasing. Does anyone have any suggestions? I’m tempted to just send it all back to Amazon and get all new parts.

Do a hub rest, by removing the batteries and unplu it. Let it stand 15 or more minutes put the plug in then the batteries and sit back and wait about another ten or more minutes until the light turns green.

I’m an idiot. I forgot these V2’s have battery backup! Worked like a charm.

Glad I could help.