SmartThings app in Samsung TV is blank - no devices

I have a Samsung TV QN75.

TV is connected to SmartThings.
I can control it from my phone (new SmartThings app) and it displays notifications such as the ones from water sensors.
Everything seems fine however, the built in SmartThings app is always empty. It doesn’t show anything and every time i open it I got an unable to connect error.

It is connected via WiFi.
Does anyone have a clue of what is happening here?

Try contacting ST support. Also check if there are any firewalls blocking access for your TV. Any updates available in the Samsung app store?

Well, here is the thing:

1. TV firmware is the latest.
  2. The built in SmartThings app cannot be removed, it can only be re-installed. Already did that.
  3. I can control the TV using the SmartThings app on my phone.
  4. I can also control the TV using Google assistant (voice commands) and Google Home app (which is connected through SmartThings).
  5. The TV gets SmartThings notifications and I can use the TV to browser the internet, YouTube, Netflix… you name it. All looks good.

If the built in SmartThings app has some specific firewall requirements I can’t find it documented anywhere.

As for SmartThings support… already contacted them but no luck.
So far all they did was ask me to reboot everything.

Honestly, this is a Balmer…

Samsung is terrible keeping things synchronised. Look at some topics regarding SmartThings compatible TVs are not being compatible with SmartThings. An update of the firmware broke it back then. No comment…

Are you able to control the TV remotely? I mean if your phone it on 4G and not on Wifi. Have you added the correct Samsung account to the TV and the region of your account is matching with the TV’s set region?

I can just guess. I have a 2015 model, which has a remote control app, but that’s all. It wasn’t ever compatible with ST. Indeed it could be. But not for powering on…

Make sure your TV has the same region as your Samsung account and you did log in to the same account as in the mobile app.

Worst case scenario, reset the whole TV through the service menu and start from scratch. It is just a TV.

(I guess you have already realized that the smart part of the TV was a waste of money, and a 60 USD Xiaomi Mi Box with AndroidTV can do things better, and that will received updates even two years later… :wink: )

Do you have any type of ad blockers/malware blocker on your home network such as AdGuard or other?

1 Like

@ebrito, Or a PiHole.

Yes to all your questions. What leads me to believe it must be something on their end.

Totally. The built in SmartThings app was the only reason I got this TV in the first place.
Moving forward I will get TV’s with build in android tv or devices like Mi Box and Amazon Fire TV.
This will give me the freedom to choose a different TV brand.

No, nothing like that.

I thought I should share this, it is so sad that it is funny :sunglasses:

Feb/03 the support guy ask me to once again, to remove the TV, from SmartThings, reboot and re-add it.
I did it and replied to him almost immediately, letting him know it didn’t work.

3 days latter (today), he comes back, apologizes for the inconvenience and asks me the version of the App installed in the TV (the same app he already told me to re-install, which automatically gives you the latest version so… he knew that).

And then… he asks me if I’m still experiencing the problem.
What part of “it didn’t work” from my last email he didn’t understand? :smiley:

I will keep playing this game and see for how long it last.

I got no devices in my smartthings tv as well , tried re adding , reset the tv still nothing , have u guys solved this ??

I had the same issue. Brand new Samsung QLED 90T and no devices or scenes showed up on the TV. I reset the TV, verified firmware, uninstalled/reinstalled the app on my phone several times, rebooted my hub, etc etc. I got to poking around on the IDE and under the Location section I clicked the link to List my scenes. I received the error, “An error occurred fetching scenes for this location”. Based on that error, I assumed the issue was with my configured scenes. I also read on another post online there issue with showing devices on the tv was scene related as well. Additionally, my experience transitioning to the new app was unbelievably painful. So, I took a chance and deleted the configured scenes on the new Smartthings app and my devices showed up on the TV. Oddly enough, the TV had scenes that I recall deleting some time ago which makes me believe the conversion to the new app was not only painful, it also left some orphaned scenes. I will have to open a ticket to have the old scenes removed however, for now, I at least have devices on the tv and the Ring camera notification actually works. I have quite a few devices, an integration with my security system, heavily integrated with Webcore, have Alexa, Google, IFTTT, Nest and several other services so, I was super reluctant to delete the scenes I had. The link to the other post I referred to above can be found here Smartthings not working on new Samsung TV "no registered scenes and devices"

Ok that worked ,after deleting all my scenes , ir all is on Smarthings on TV , now will have to re do all the scenes and hope it doesnt disapear again , a few of these scenes where very old .like from when i got the V2 Hub , maybe they were not compatible …

Thanks for the Help

What are you using for a hub now? I am still on a version 1 Smartthings but, it seems like Smartthings is moving away from using a hub? When I look on the site there doesn’t seem to be a replacement hub.

Im using a Smarthings v2 , i said v3 , but no i still have the old v2 , that has the ability to put batteries , so far its been working fine , only problem was this new tv i just bought , but now after deleting the old scenes its working fine ,

The hub now is made by aotec , its smarthings still but they stopped making it , and maybe outsourced it to another , thats what i heard

One of the main reasons I bought this Samsung Q80 TV was because it works with all my Samsung Smartthings devices through the TV App. However, it actually didn’t work for about 10 months and I was frustrated. When ever I scrolled over in on the TV to the smartthings app I would see a screen that read, “no registered scenes and devices” I grew increasingly frustrated but never gave up. I called samsung, and the smartthings division. They didn’t have any answers but asked about my firmware being updated and all the questions I already have done and been through, I read and replied to forums. Somewhere I did read, you need to remove the Scenes from your phone app and it may work. What do you know, since I removed the scenes from my Smartthings Phone app it works!

Model Code: AN75Q80TAFXZQ

Mine finely works! here is video https://youtu.be/AwJoI1HS5do