SmartRules 2.0

I purchased the full version and i dont know if i have the full features inthe new version.
Whn i press on the basic button it asks me to buy it again. It only shows a checkmark on it.

My phone died and I lost V1, I had no backup… I was happy to pay another $10 for V2, I realize it’s not the developers fault and it’s well worth the total $20 I’ve invested in it so far!

In my honest opinion the app is well worth what I have paid for it. Besides, it’s just $10, if $10 is too much for someone then home automation should not be a hobby of yours!!

2 Likes

If it has the checkmark, then that means you have the upgrade. The paid upgrade just enables unlimited rules, there are no other features unlocked.

It’s not fair that Apple provides a massive online platform marketplace for developers to easily distribute their products? If the average user had to download source code or go to a different website to get each app, developers would see their revenue go way down. Necessary evils in this world.

What a clueless response.

Understand the thread before you comment on one statement. Obeycode giving people $10 so they can buy the in app purchase ends up COSTING Obeycode $3.

My comment had nothing to do with Apple’s App store policy.

I think someone needs to go to their “safe place”.

2 Likes

How is everyone handling notifications? Is there anyway certain users get different notifications then other user ?

Hey Brice, I tried using the code and just wanted to verify it’s created as a device, not a smartapp…correct?

Yes, that’s right. Create a device type from code using that file, publish it, then change your Somos to use this custome device type.

Same again last night, been ok for a few night, but it ran one rule, then “stuck” in this mode.

It didn’t run a time whereby the trigger is no motion on a motion sensor like this for 10 mins, and all other motion sensors has no motion.

It’s ran before though I can see that in my notifications, so it’s not the rule not working. Trouble is this is an important rule, it disarms SHM, and doesn’t rearm until the above runs.

I have a rule which changes mode at 7:45am. Yet past few nights its triggering at 8:00pm. Many of my lights are mode dependant so it is messing all these up

any reasons why???

Hi @obycode

I have a rule that do this (and another similar rule):

If Entrance External Multisensor detects motion
Then Turn on Entrance External Motion Msg
and Push Slack External Motion Notification

Logs:

I am noticing that it is doing the action twice.
Any solution for this?

Also, I would like to suggest to add the following functions:

1. delays in seconds and ms
  2. ability to have both ‘AND’ and ‘OR’ in the while statement

As I am switching over from Rule Machine, due to the lack of the above functions, I am not able to move all my rules over.

So…for the last 2 or 3 days my mode change rules have not executed as expected. Are there any known issues that would prevent a time-based mode change from executing?

I am having a similar problem.
I have a simple rule, IF 5pm THEN turn on light.
I found that for the last couple of days the light isn’t turning on.

Is there a way to trouble shoot if Live Logging is not on?

@Jonpho - could you send some more info to us at support@smartrulesapp.com? Please include the rule definition, preferably the file generated for rule export. Thanks.

@pm4_1613, @dseg, there are no known issues with time triggers, but SmartThings is known to miss scheduled events from time to time. To debug, you can go into the IDE and go to My Locations, then “List SmartApps”, then find and click on SmartRules. Near the bottom, you will see “Scheduled Jobs” and “Job History”. You should see a scheduled job for your next time trigger (not all of them, only the next one). You can look at the Job History to see when it has run recently and see whether it ran when you expected it to. Sometimes, if a schedule is missed due to an error in the SmartThings scheduler, it is useful to re-schedule your rules by simply opening them in SmartRules, then re-saving.

1 Like

Just did that. We’ll see what happens now.

On another topic, I have a device that despite having been removed/de-authorized SmartRules still appears in the list of installed SmartApps. Any idea how I might go about resolving that issue? It is preventing me from removing the device from SmartThings.

Strange… do you have any rules that are associated with that device? I’m not sure if that could cause this problem. If the device is definitely de-selected in the SmartRules preferences, then it may be worth contacting support@smartthings.com, as it sounds like an issue on their end.

1 Like

@obycode - I am using Smart Alarm now for security but one of the things I cannot seem to overcome is checking the state of a sensor. Is there anyway to do that? I think on your website you mention you only check on an action correct? I was hoping I could setup a rule to that if one of my sensors is in an open state and I activate my alarm it could send an sms message.
thanks

@obycode any idea on my problem please, it’s still getting “stuck” in a mode, this should run another routine when there is no motion, doors closed and it’s not as it’s in the up at night mode for me.

I’ve even stopped up tonight, it ran the up at night ok, but now all the things are in correct state and it’s not running the good night routine.

The trigger is “when motion stops and stays like this for 10 mins” with conditions of others. So does the trigger only get one chance as such to do the action, as maybe a condition isn’t correct atm after the trigger is if you understand?

Hers a screenshot of rule if helps…