SmartRules 2.0 beta testers needed

SmartRules 2.0 is ready to roll. We just need some brave users to try it out for us and let us know what you think. The Android app is not ready yet, so we only need iOS users (sorry Android fans). It will only partially work while we wait for the SmartApp updates to be approved, but there are plenty of user interface improvements to test in the meantime. If you’re willing to give it a shot and understand that this is a beta, meaning there could be bugs, but we’ve done a lot of testing already, and you’re willing to give us good, honest feedback (don’t worry, you won’t hurt my feelings), please send me an email at brice at obycode.com.

A few notes:

• Beta testers should backup their rules before installing the beta version, just in case.
  • SmartRules 2.0 is now freemium; we combined the free and paid versions into one with an in-app purchase. During the beta, the in-app purchase will not charge you anything. If you have already purchased SmartRules before, then you should not be prompted for the IAP, please let us know if you are.
  • As I said, many of the new features won’t work until the SmartApp is updated on the backend, so for now, we primarily need you to test the user interface changes.

Thanks,
Brice

6 Likes

Anxiously awaiting the Android version. Any timeframe?

3 Likes

Sign me up for the Android version when time comes. Or before, if you need any help…

4 Likes

Dropped you an email Brice. I’ll beta test on iOS.

1 Like

I’ll test too

1 Like

Thanks Tristan, I just added you. Derrek, send me your email in a private message and I’ll add you as well.

1 Like

@tbs26, @SBDOBRESCU: Thanks for the interest in the Android app. The timeframe is a bit up the air. I lost the developer who was working on that one, so that task is on hold for a little while until we work that out. I know there are a lot of anxious Android users, so I’ll make sure its not too long.

2 Likes

I have the paid version, I will test the iOS

1 Like

Hi Brice, sent you an email yesterday. I’m interested in testing.

1 Like

I’ll test.

1 Like

I’ll help you test it. Already have the paid version. I’ll send you an email.

1 Like

Please put me on the Android version list.

1 Like

You can add me to the android list as well.

Thank you,

Paul

1 Like

I can test on android with my note 5

love to join the group

Thanks all. We’ve got enough testers for now, but if we end up needing a second round of testing, I’ll keep you in mind.

@obycode
Are you actually working on (or even considering) porting this to Android someday, or are mentions of that above just us dreaming?

Yes, we are working on it. Unfortunately, due to restricted budget and time, iOS still gets priority when needed, so it is taking longer than I’d hoped. All I can say for now is that it will definitely be released eventually. I don’t want to make any promises on dates yet.

1 Like

I’m interested in testing the iOS version as well.