SmartRules v2.0 is finally here!! Thanks to all of the beta testers to help stomp out those last minute bugs! Check out the details here:
We’ve switched to freemium! Now you can try out one rule for free, then unlock unlimited rules with an in-app purchase*. We’ve also added a bunch of new features, cleaned up the look and feel, and squashed some bugs.
- Added “and stays that way”! This lets you trigger a rule after something has changed and stayed that way for some time. For example, “Front door opens and stays that way for 5 minutes” or “Motion ends and stays that way for 10 minutes”. We’re excited about this one!! It’s really handy.
- All fields from your rules now show up in the rule screen, and no ugly shrunken text! See updated screenshots for an example.
- When editing a rule, it maintains the old values and jumps straight to the field you tapped! We know this was a major annoyance for many.
- Rearrange your rules! This long-desired feature lets you arrange your rules in any order you like to help keep them organized. Just long-press on a rule and move it wherever you’d like. The order in the app also defines the order of QuickTap rules on the Today screen and the Apple Watch!
- Improved the look and feel of the Today screen (see updated screenshot)
- When a rule runs, it now shows in the SmartThings app’s messages list to help you track what’s been going on.
- There is now a confirmation before deleting a rule to avoid accidental deletions.
- Added a link to easily reach our new and improved help page directly from the app.
- Fixed some layout issues on smaller devices and devices with large text and zoomed settings.
- Fixed repeat rule executions on rules with triggers like “Temperature goes below 34”
- Swipe to delete for rules, triggers, conditions, and actions.
As always, please reach out to email@example.com if you run into any issues or have ideas for future improvements. Making sure you’re happy is very important to us.
- If you’ve already purchased the full version of SmartRules, you will not be required to purchase this in-app purchase.