SmartRules 2.0

SmartRules v2.0 is finally here!! Thanks to all of the beta testers to help stomp out those last minute bugs! Check out the details here:

http://smartrulesapp.com/2016/04/26/announcing-smartrules-2-0/

Release notes:

We’ve switched to freemium! Now you can try out one rule for free, then unlock unlimited rules with an in-app purchase*. We’ve also added a bunch of new features, cleaned up the look and feel, and squashed some bugs.

• Added “and stays that way”! This lets you trigger a rule after something has changed and stayed that way for some time. For example, “Front door opens and stays that way for 5 minutes” or “Motion ends and stays that way for 10 minutes”. We’re excited about this one!! It’s really handy.
  • All fields from your rules now show up in the rule screen, and no ugly shrunken text! See updated screenshots for an example.
  • When editing a rule, it maintains the old values and jumps straight to the field you tapped! We know this was a major annoyance for many.
  • Rearrange your rules! This long-desired feature lets you arrange your rules in any order you like to help keep them organized. Just long-press on a rule and move it wherever you’d like. The order in the app also defines the order of QuickTap rules on the Today screen and the Apple Watch!
  • Improved the look and feel of the Today screen (see updated screenshot)
  • When a rule runs, it now shows in the SmartThings app’s messages list to help you track what’s been going on.
  • There is now a confirmation before deleting a rule to avoid accidental deletions.
  • Added a link to easily reach our new and improved help page directly from the app.
  • Fixed some layout issues on smaller devices and devices with large text and zoomed settings.
  • Fixed repeat rule executions on rules with triggers like “Temperature goes below 34”
  • Swipe to delete for rules, triggers, conditions, and actions.

As always, please reach out to support@smartrulesapp.com if you run into any issues or have ideas for future improvements. Making sure you’re happy is very important to us.

• If you’ve already purchased the full version of SmartRules, you will not be required to purchase this in-app purchase.
12 Likes

Sounds great. Will there be an Android release?

6 Likes

Not yet. Still working on that.

5 Likes

you have many people eagerly waiting to test and try :smiley:

2 Likes

I know! I would love to have it done by now, but we ran into some issues. I’ll definitely let you all know when we’re ready to start testing! Thanks for the support… and patience :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is there a way to remove part of a rule you already have added I can’t seem to find an x or - symbol and swiping doesn’t delete them. Any tips?

1 Like

Swiping left should bring up the delete button.

1 Like

Hmmm… it works on an old iPhone 5 I tried it on but on my iPhone 6 If I swipe left on something it just tries to scroll up and down. If I am very careful I can get a fully horizontal swipe, but then nothing happens… (I have tried a soft reboot, a hard reboot, and re-installing the app)

1 Like

Strange… we’ll look into it. It works fine on my iPhone 6.

1 Like

when i look in the app store - version 2.0 comes up and is $9.99…

1 Like

:confused: @sphen - please check again now. Thanks for pointing that out. I hope no one purchased in that intermediate state.

If you did, please let me know and we’ll figure out how to resolve it.

1 Like

showing $9.99 for me too. wish I grabbed it at 6.99 or whatever it was before!

1 Like

I, too, see the $9.99 version only. Is there a “lite” version?

1 Like

hrm… :slight_smile: im sure it will take a bit to update on apple’s side?

1 Like

Apparently the price change is taking some time to get through the system. Please wait until it shows “FREE”.

1 Like

Please hurry… But take your time!

2 Likes

I use both Android and Apple. If I purchased it for my iOS device, will I have to repurchase it for Android?

2 Likes

free now!

10 characters… :confused:

2 Likes

Good question. Hadn’t considered that yet. We’ll plan on syncing via the backend so that your IAP transfers between the two. I don’t see any problems with that.

4 Likes

well almost. free on the preview site but not in store… :slight_smile:

1 Like