Smart Weather Tile Display Forecast?

Hello,

I recently added the Smart Weather Monitor to the new Smart Things app. When I open it I can see categories from the weather station for illuminance, humidity, temperature and UV index. In the IDE event log I can see the weather tile is receiving a considerable amount more data including forecast and current condition. I would like to create an automation that turns lights on based on the current condition outside, but a new weather station automation only allows me to select variables that appear on the tile within the app. Is there a way to add to the current condition to display on the tile so I can create this automation? Am I missing something here?

Thanks!

I am not sure about the one you are using but I wrote this one [Release] The Weather Company SmartApp: the “poor guy” weather station with event based switches automation
it allows to trigger things upon min/max temp, humidity, snow/rain/storm alerts.

2 Likes

If I could take a look I could see if I can figure anything out. (Maybe, maybe not) But I couldn’t find a new device called SmartWeather Monitor. Do you mean SmartWeather Tile 2.0? I hope not because I can’t get that one working at all.

But if you could tell me where to get the SmartWeather Monitor I will install and see.

Thank you, I will give it a try!

1 Like

I would like to do the same thing. I have large windows in the house and when cloudy outside I would like to turn a lamp on just to get some more light on the living room. I also have action tiles and have everything working like weather radar,reports and tile weather 5 day outlook. It would be nice to us this data from my action tile into ST automation…but I bet there is an easier way.

I’m having the same issue here. This is what the shown in the IDE and what is display on the tile. When I first installed it, all the data are displayed. Now it only shows 3 data point.

I think the problem is with the new app. Just checked on the classic app it display all the data but on the new app it just stopped displaying everything since 2-3 days ago.

I have exactly the same issie after I migrated from Classic app to the new one. Seems to be related to the migration.
Would be great tohave a fix for this.

Ticket raised for this issue.

Support request #1025743

I got response that wrong team was contacted.
Do somebody know who should I contact to fix Smart Weather Tile for new SmartThings app please?
Thanks

I’m using the ‘SmartWeather Station Tile’ device handler that’s listed in the IDE, and it displays a ton of weather information in the device page in the new SmartThings app.

I don’t know why but my shows just those info while IDE have all collected data.

I already had the Smart Weather Station device installed and in the new app it only showed the three tabs.

I left that device in place and added a second instance. That second instance shows ALL data in the new app on my iPhone but on my iPad it only shows the same three data items as the pre-existing weather device.

Go figure.

Hi @Nezmo , your workaround fix the issue, thanks.
There are still few missing info like Local Sunset, Forecast Tonight, Forecast Tomorrow, Last Update, Feels Like, … etc.

Great.

But just want to say again, it did not work on my iPad. iPhone is fine.

Cool. Thanks. This worked for Android v.9.

1 Like