Smart things not working? (19 March 2021)

so the moral of the story is, Samsung need to sack their support staff and hire us lot

5 Likes

Just home from from stepping out for lunch. Guess what? Can’t control any device. Let’s see if a hard reboot does the trick.

EDIT. NOT GOOD

My hub is now flooded with “Your SmartThings Hub at My Home is now active.”, and I still can’t control anything.

EDIT. Still NOT GOOD. No more events flooding the hub. Bad news is that NO events are there now! WTF is going on.

3 Likes

Something is going on. Can’t control a Zigbee plug in my office at all. Stuck on at the moment. Kasa plug in the same room works fine.

Last night 2 Zigbee bulbs would only work if controlled in a Lighting Group or Scene.

1 Like

Mine works again…with a 30 second delay, but works.

1 Like

I just posted a response about this on another thread. I too am having issues with controlling zigbee lights. Not all, but some of my lights are simply not responding to any command regardless of source (app, ActionTiles, Alexa). I had issues with Smart Lighting not working or lagging last night, specifically with the “mirror” function. Today I have a light strip with a zigbee RGB controller that shows it’s online but it will not turn on/off, change color or brightness. The light is on but I can’t control it. The same goes for two in-wall zigbee light switches. I did a soft reboot, hard reboot , removed and re-added the device, still nothing. Also, it looks like all of my problem devices are locally controlled.

I haven’t seen it anyone has answered your question about transferring to a new hub so…

Nothing will transfer over. You will need to exclude all your Z-wave devices and most likely factory-reset them. Them you’ll be able to add them to your new hub.

I’m not positive about Zigbee devices but each one will have to be disassociated from the old hub and paired with the new hub.

And all automations, Smart Apps, Alexa routines, Google integrations, etc will all need to be recreated.

Hello, I have the same issue with (tradfri) lights not working anymore for a couple of days. I’m in UK and the zigbee state shows as functional (2.9)

The odd thing is that if I use the light groups (which I had already set up) then I can control the (group of) lights… but individual lights can’t be controlled. I rebooted the HUB (v2) but didn’t help…

This is happening for me so often now that I quit documenting it. It only happens for non-repeating devices like Sengled lights and plugs.
I can only suggest trying to eliminate any possible interference like a router being set on a 2.4GHz signal close to what your Zigbee signal is.

Mine went down this morning. It is offline.

LOL I am honestly surprised that they still fund a support team at this point. They’re truly worthless.

This forum is much more responsive and helpful, and even the ST staff on here respond faster than general support does.

2 Likes

I have the same problem since 17 March, my automation on lights isn’t working and I can’t control via the app. I’ve tried rebooting the hub and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but nothing has worked. I’ve email support, I really hope this doesn’t take 2 weeks(!!) to fix :angry:

I have the same problem. All automations not working. Anyone knows why? I deleted the automations and recreated them but still no success.

I am unable to login now through the app! IDE works fine, cannot arm/disarm STHM.

I’ve finally managed to fix mine, I had to reboot the Smartthings hub. Classic turn it off and on again. I did also note that my Phillips Hue hub needed repairing so this might have been part of the problem. After repairing the Hue Hub I could control the lights via the Hue hub but still not through Smartthings which has the automation, then I disconnected the Smartthings hub and reconnected it and now the App is working again and automation fixed.

hi guys
glad I found this post, my devices have been reandom for about a week now, talking to samsung about ready to rip my hair out.

some devices will turn on 1 min then not the next, others wont do anything, not sure what to do now.

does this sound right to your experience? I have tried rebooting and unplugging to no resolution.

lee - uk

I’m having random issues with Automations not working. Seems to revolve around the firmware updates. Every time they announce an update, I think oh no what is not going to work this time? I have had devices turn on but not turn off. I have had devices show offline in the app but still operate. I have even had devices drop offline and never able to get them back without deleting and starting over. I’m getting very frustrated with this system. Anyone else having issues with these updates?

I’ve had very few issues with firmware updates. Aside from this most recent update possibly causing me to need a manual reboot, I can’t recall the last time I had any kind of problem.

I have very much on purpose kept my SmartThings system simple. I have about 45 devices. Almost all are smart switches and dimmers, about half Zigbee, half Z-wave. And I only use the stock DTHs for them.

Don’t know if that helps me to get safely thru updates… but it’s been good so far.

From personal exerperience how far apart is your smarthings hub and wifi transmitter.

It’s all working now, it was a smartthings outage, but otherwise the access point and hub are 30 feet apart.

Less than 2 feet in my wiring closet.

I know it’s not recommended but I’ve not had any issues.

SmartThings Hub V2 and original Eero Pro (pre Amazon acquisition)