Smart thermostats for electric radiators

project_hvac

Hi everyone,

I see there are quite a few smart thermostats like Nest, which work with several types of heating systems. However, I have only been able to find one which works with electrical radiators, I think. I am looking for one which will work with radiators either connected to a wall plug or directly to the “grid”. Anybody got experience with them, got recommendations?

Would this work?

Bulbs, switches and sensors, oh my....what to buy (device class features)
Bulbs, switches and sensors, oh my....what to buy (device class features)
Electric baseboard heater
(Edward Niedziejko) #2

I have the earlier version of the Sinope thermostats (with a hub and their own proprietary communication protocol) and they work quite well. There’s also MySA and Stelpro, but I don’t have any experience with the latter two.

(J-F) #3

Hi,

Stelpro offers line-voltage thermostat in Z-Wave or Zigbee.

I contacted Sinopé and asked if they have thermostats for 3 phase 400 V electric radiators (which is common for European households) and unfortunately they don’t. This is how my radiators are connected, so I will have to check out other options.

(Edward Niedziejko) #5

Uh that might be tough. I haven’t seen any 3p smart thermostats. Another option would be a 3p contractor with a 24v coil and transformer controlled by a regular low voltage smart stat.

(Fonda LaShay) #6

Hi @Qliver! Did you ever find a solution for electric radiators?

Unfortunately not. Or rather, I didn’t continue my search because at that time it didn’t seem like there were any.