Smart Home Monitoring (Says no security sensors found)

At some point this evening my smart home monitor stopped working and says no security sensors! But all my devices are still showing connected. Anyone else having this issue? I’ve already sent in a report on it.

Plus one!!! Everything dead for me too. I still see all my devices, but they are all showing disconnected. The SmartThings status website shows all its normal, but nothing is currently working for me at all either. I’ve rebooted my SmartThings hub twice and everything is still not working. I’ve tried the new Connect app, old Classic app, and even my new HDTV SmartThings app, and nothing is working at all.

@DaWeav and @ecbranch5, same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, and the only thing I was able to do was contact support. I’m not sure what they did on their end, but I needed their help.

I couldn’t get through on phone support, no answer after waiting a long time, so sent them an email about 30 minutes ago.

1 Like

Have you tried reporting a problem in the new app yet? It allows you to send a log file along with a description of the problem.

I did send a report about a problem in the new app. Not sure about the log file tho.

1 Like

I’m on hold right for 11 minutes! Maybe I’ll get someone shortly.

Well I was in the phone with support and she had me trying different things to no avail. I decided to reset my security and that fixed it!

2 Likes

Well, I finally got a response from support and they provided me with a list of stuff to check, but none of that helped.

So, I sat back and thought about what has changed recently. Well, I just added a new Samsung QLED HDTV a few days ago. Guess what! After unplugging the new Samsung QLED HDTV, all my SmartThings started working like normal again. I have the HDTV connected ‘wired’ instead of wireless, so I can’t believe that could cause the SmartThings issue. However, the SmartThings hub is close to the new Samsung QLED HDTV, so I’m going to move the SmartThings hub to put some distance between them. We’ll see what happens in a few days since this issue for me started a few days after the Samsung QLED HDTV came online. Very strange!

1 Like

Same happened here, after adding “meross” smart extension cord. Not sure if that was the main reason, but 98% possible…

I just had the same issue. I reset everything and started again and was able to repro the cause. Looks like if you select too many devices to respond for an event all the sensors disappear. If you keep it to about 20 it seems to be fine. Hope this helps.

Had the same problem, and after several days of waiting for a ticket from support, they send me a solution… not the right step by step, but by chance press the right option that solved the issue.

You need to:

1. Press “Smartthings Home Monitor” title option to enter configuration
  2. Press cogwheel configuration button on the upper right of the screen.
  3. This is the tricky point… you get to a screen where you see options to turn on or off each type of sensor. If you press the name of the type of sensor “Security” it takes you to the configuration screen of the sensors where you can select which sensors should consider in each security mode.
  4. Configure the sensors you want to work in each security mode.

That solved the problem for me.
Hope it helps!.

3 Likes

Setting up my Aeotec Hub. This was a big help!!!

Bingo!
Worked for me.
I wish however that there would be a way to select which sensors are used for each monitoring status, but better than nothing :slight_smile:
Thank you