Smart garage door opener module help

I have Genie IntelliG 1200 and wanted to make it smart and would love to make it work with my Smartthings hub. Genie has Aladdin Connect which seems like it’s not going to work with Smartthings, at least not standard and without additional steps. Also I see that there’s a couple of Smart garage door openers that are compatible with Smartthings, but they’re a bit pricier. So wanted to ask if the Smartthings integration of something like Go Control is really adding any special benefit that’ll worth the extra cost?

The GoControl is really just a fancy dry contact relay that will work with your existing opener so long as simply shorting two terminals on your opener will activate the door.

So for the cost, you get a device that mounts near your opener and connects to ST. That device also provides an audio (chirping) and visual (flashing light) to warn that the door is about to operate. It also provides a tilt sensor.

I have mixed feelings about mine. They generally work ok, although I do get tilt sensor battery alert warnings without any way to see that battery level. They install quickly and I didn’t want to go to the trouble of putting together a home-brew solution.

Whether or not it’s worth the extra cost in my mind is a toss-up.

I’m actually trying to figure out what extra I’d get if I go with GoControl vs Aladdin Connect besides being able to control the GoControl from ST app.

I just outlined what you get with the GoControl so compare it with the Aladdin Connect’s features.