Sensors stopped being seen by server

I’ve sent multiple emails as I’ve discovered problems.

Email was sent hours ago when problem was discovered.

Since they pushed an update during the middle of the day yesterday, my system is now totally crippled. Schedules are no longer working, triggers are no longer firing and I have no control over any z-wave devices.

Mine did this last night. I just power cycled my Hub and all has been well. Except for a few devices where the state (On or Off) the device was out of sync. And a simple tap twice of the button resolved the issue.

Did this right before posting.

My motion sensors were initially OK when everyone else started indicating an issue. All are Z-Wave but not all the same manufacturer. The one Z-Wave device motion sensor working was moved yesterday about 10 feet. Thus I suspect the Z-Wave routing tables are messed up. I have a high quantity of devices and can’t wait for a repair at this time (takes hours).

Same exact problem. Anything ZWave appears to work, I can unlock and lock locks, I can turn on and off light modules, but nothing appears to “report” state. Smoke detectors, door/window sensors, motion sensors, nothing will report. I also have emailed support…

We’re currently tracking a platform issue. Keep an eye on the status page (status.smartthings.com).

The status page shows everything is good, but everything is not good :smile:

1 Like

Same here. Devices still not responding. I would prefer avoiding the effort of repairing.

My problems are not resolved.

There’s a fix that’s been reported in some other threads, but it’s pretty tedious. Still, I wanted to mention it for anybody who’s feeling desperate:

1 Like

I have tried to remove the zigbee motion , but the system will not see it to readd it. The only zigbee device that is working partially is a Phillips hue strip and mutli sense and presence. Other than that all my motions are borked

Not as tedious as you might imagine :smile:
I did what evicomputer suggested but for only one of my 6 failing sensors. Once done… All 6 started to work :smile:

1 Like

My devices “seem” to be working again without me doing anything.

Is this officially working?

Mine started to add again also

Great, now that the IDE devices error is fixed, I am finding I have a few devices that are inactive and not working with no events now.

Was my “fix” a coincidence??? :neutral_face:

I checked the Activity logs of about a dozen, and all seem to have come back on line between about 1:50 and 3:40 PM CDT.

Hrmm I am still having issues with a couple locks and contact sensors

I just tried doing the IDE edit/update on my hall motion but it is still not working and shows no activity in the log. My living room motion is working and showing activity now after the edit/update treatment. Thank you for that one at least.