Send invitation with the API for devs

Hello,

I would like to send an invitation to people (add members to location) from an api or other service. I need to do that with code and not UI. I’ve looked in API docs and found nothing…

Is it possible ?
If yes, how ?

Thank you

Welcome to the SmartThings Community, @Xavier_Sanchez!
Up to now, there’s not an option to invite a member to the location through the SmartThings API, it can only be done through the mobile app.

Thank you for your reply.

Is it possible to list members of a location ?

No, there’s not an endpoint that can give you or helps you manipulate information related to the location members.
Please, stay tuned to the Announcements and the newsletter (enter your email at the bottom form) to receive the latest news regarding Features release.

Hi @nayelyz

Is there any update on “send an invitation to people (add members to location) from an api or other service”?
Is it still not supported from API?

No, it is not available. I created a request for the engineering team to look at, and, it can take a while to be reviewed, it depends on the team’s workload (if accepted).

Welcome to the SmartThings Community!

Hie,

I just want to let know the engineering Team that we have nearly a hundred appartments as a property management company. We intend to grow a hundreds more. Each appartment will have a samsung hub working with the API. It would be really useful to invite with API and not using the phone.

Everything is designed for individuals, Samsung should think about property management company as well in their minds.

Thank you

Aah, ok, got it.
In this case, please contact the Partners team.
Go to this page and click on “Become a partner”. This is a special case that they (along with the Business Development Team) need to analyze, this way, you’ll know if you can have options according to your needs.