SmartThings Community

Schlage Camelot Pairing Issues

That is great news!!! Before I delete it… is there a handler to replace the @RBoy one now? I think I paid for that (and the garage door opener one) and was hoping to use it again and transfer the settings over to the new lock.

Make a copy of it. I suspect after inclusion, you might be able to re-add the custom one and change the devices settings to it.

Any tips on how to do that? I installed it such a long time ago, I feel like an utter newb again.

Find the DTH in the IDE under “My Device Handlers”, edit - select all the code, copy and paste it into a text file/email or whatever back up you prefer.

Note: you may need to select your location after logging into ST IDE.

1 Like

Thanks! Guess I’ll be trying that today!

616fun I need your help I’m having the same issues with pairing? Did you unplug your pocket sockets?

I deleted the handler and I was able to pair my lock finally. Thank you!!

Schlage recently released a Zwave Plus version of the Camelot lock. I am guessing that should improve things. You still have to have a robust zwave plus backbone (don’t care if they say zwave is totally backwards compatible, you still do not get 100% of the benefit if you have a mix) so beaming devices, longer range, faster speed, network wide inclusion, etc make things smoother. I was surprised to hear that NWI was turned off on the ST hub until recently (maybe just temporarily? not sure). Anyway, the previous non plus versions could not be upgraded so whatever bugs were on the lock when you purchased it, could not be corrected therefore I was not surprised with having super frustrating issues adding my 3 locks to ST v3 recently. Now that the zwave plus locks are out, I wonder whether it is still frustrating or things got better…

I suspect that many of the posts I read on people having issues, were new users with poor zwave mesh networks so they were dealing with the inherent difficulty of including Schlage locks, along with all the issues that arise with a poor mesh network.

There are several posts on this forum that give tips on how to increase your chances of a successful pairing so I won’t open that can of worms :wink:

Some of the DTH’s being used appear to be from a few years ago. It’s highly recommended to keep the DTH current as it’s updated periodically to keep it in line with the latest ST platform and firmware changes / updates.

For example the latest DTH update is required for changes made in the 25.x hub firmware release

For anyone having trouble while pairing devices when using custom DTH’s, read this FAQ. There’s an issue with that platform when unused DTH’s are marked as “stale” and can prevent successful pairing. Republishing the unused DTH or deleting unused DTH’s is the fix. This article explains it more detail:

@Heather_A FYR, this should solve your custom DTH issue which was preventing the pairing from completing. Just republish your DTH and remove any old unused ones.

1 Like