It’s been many years (3 +) since people were having issues with these Schlage locks and they still have not improved the firmware?
I remember when I first got mine - it took me couple weeks to make it stable. And dummy me removed the device by accident from ST. Was lazy for a few months to work on it (knowing what is waiting for me) but the day has come.
The idiotic thing would not pair. Followed every single advice her and dozen other threads. The lock, and the hub seemed to talk to each other because: after hit the programing code and 0, hub front LED (of course I have the hub budding the lock) starts flashing rapid (green) for a few seconds and then it goes solid. But the app (classic) doesn’t recognize any devices nor I can see anything in the live log. The lock also confirms that it was paired, with single beep and 3 green flashes.
Most idiotic thing ever.
EDIT: Just went out and bought brand new lock from a local store as I need this working asap - guess what. Same f****** result. Lock confirms pairing but Smartthings app says no device founds. This the most f**** frustrating sh1* ever. Hub is next lock, touching it. Tried with all other Z-wave devices on or off (turned of circuit breakers in the whole house and powered smartthings V2 hub and internet modem of my UPS).
EDIT2: Installed the new ST app. For some weird reason, it had two locations in it. It was probably something that happened when accounts were migrated as I had non active ST account with same email as the Samsung account.The ghost location had dozens of “unknown devices” (only visible thru the new app). After clean up, I still can’t get the ST app to acknowledge the lock was added. The lock it self still says it was associated with Z-Wave network (confirmed by flashing alarm light when power to lock is restored).
The amount of frustration (I am IT specialist) with this multi-year issue and lack of any work on ST to resolve it urges my desire to grab a hammer.
Spoke with ST support - they have no idea. I also found out that the hub even is different from live logging. The hub even shows ZWJOIN. They are escalating to tier 2.
EDIT 4 and SOLUTION: Tier 2 support came back advising that a custom DTH is preventing successful inclusion. Deleted an old DTH by @RBoy that I was not even using previously and it included perfectly fine. It’s weird that I did not see this advice anywhere so if some one can added to the Schlage FAQ - please do!