I have a pretty robust SmartThings network with 19 devices. These include switches and receptacles as well as two CT100 thermostats. Recently I’ve been having a time scheduled event failure with my upstairs thermostat. I have set up both thermostats on the same Routine and only the downstairs thermostat runs and the upstairs unit does not. I have tried SmartApps of different types and set up both to do the same thing. Once again the downstairs works and the upstairs does not.
The issue is not one of connectivity, I know this because the thermostat that fails to set properly is fully connected and I can set the temperature and mode via the app with no delay.
Does anyone have any idea of what is causing this or what I can do to fix the problem?
The first thing is to contact support so they can help you look into it. There should be a link to support at the top of the community page.
There have been a lot of scheduled event failures lately, it may be an issue on the platform side. There are at least four topics in the following category discussing failures in scheduled events in the last couple of weeks.
If you do want to start checking logs, here’s the FAQ on that:
My good morning routine didn’t work this morning. It was working for months without issue. It is just a simple routine to turn on the bedroom lights at 6 am.
Also, last night was a fiasco, alot of my zwave devices was not responding and failed zwave repair until i power cycle the house. It seems only the zwave mesh is having the issue. Zigbee is always working great.
Add me to the list today. “Good Morning” based on things started happening did trigger but “Morning lights off” with a specific time failed. Does nothing but turns off 4 hues. Of course the scheduled event was stuck at a past date when I looked in the IDE.
My SOP nowadays when things fail (especially anything with a schedule attached to it) is just to delete the bloody thing and re-instantiate it.
I have had routines that don’t trigger on schedule, ones that do but don’t change the mode they are set up to change, and ones that kinda trigger in the sense that the behavior is observed for the specific mode change, although the mobile app does not display the correct mode (even after a force quit and re-launch).
Once they start behaving badly, they usually retain a certain amount of FUNK until you just undo and redo them. Very sad, but that has been my experience since hub v2.
Thanks for the great examples. My problem with the failed schedule is that we want to have the heat kick on before people start moving around. I plan to try and find it in the logs (still learning that part), get with support and play with it as soon as I get home today.
Hey @smart can I cut a deal with you. I’ll send you a hue bulb/month if you keep poltergeist there. I am on day 5 here with no failures of any kind and I am starting to like it…So please KEEP IT THERE!
The ST system has been very flakey the last few days. Scheduled lights to turn off at a specific time not working, I can’t add my Harmony hubs because of some ‘can’t save credential page’ error that comes up on the last step (support case submitted). Now I came home and none of my motion based alerts are firing and it just took me 3 attempts to get into the IDE to check the logging.
I don’t know what changed in the last platform update but I can tell you that all the changes were not listed in my opinion. I couldn’t stop talking about how awesome this system was up until last week, now it’s become my second job trying to troubleshoot it back to mostly functional and my setup isn’t even that advanced. Hue bulbs/controller, Alexa, and ST sensors for motion.