Samsung Vacuum not connecting

I hate to say it, but it is never going to happen. I’ve been fighting this issue for over a year now. I’ve submitted tickets, gotten responses that they are working on it, yet nothing has happened in over a year. ST has said they are difficult to code for and they are not on their officially supported hardware list. If you bought these just for the integration you wasted your money. If you bought these to vacuum, you probably still wasted your money as they fall down stairs and get stuck on basically everything (and nothing, yea happens pretty often).

1 Like

Yeah I bought it for the integration so I am the sucker. Samsung Support has continually fed me a line of bullshit about them “working on it.” I can see this feature has been broken since September of 2016 based on message board posts, well before I bought mine. I am completely done with Samsung products, my new kitchen is getting all Whirlpool.

I gave up once Alexa came out with their routines. Added my Powerbot to Samsung Smart Home app, added the Alexa skill for Samsung Smart Home and connected them. Then created a Alexa routine called goodnight that triggers both my SmartThings goodnight routine and the Powerbot to start. The only thing i’m missing from a ST integration is to be able to change my SHM status based off the Powerbot status.

I just bought this vacuum because they advertise as “Works With Smart Things.” I found this thread because I am having the same issue. I noticed the Samsung employees have stopped responding to this thread. Man, I wish I could do that with the software I create. I would be fired for even thinking like that. Not too late to take it back and tell the world on social media about my experience.

2 Likes

I haven’t worked through it all yet, but I think I found a way to have it integrated. I was able to connect the Samsung Smart Home account with the Powerbot (I have a 7090) to Artik Cloud and then import the Powerbot from Artik Cloud into Smarthings. It seems some status updating isn’t working right yet in Smartthings, but it’s controllable. Since Artik Cloud appears to have an API, it should be possible to write a device handler in Smartthings that would integrate with that API. I’m going to try looking into that next.

interesting. How do you connect Artik cloud to smartthings?

There is a smart app under Samsung Home.

I can’t replicate. Please explain how to

I manually added new device in IDE:
it see connection to alexa
state ready, yet disconnected

vacuum

Label Robot Vacuum
Type Samsung Robot Vacuum
Version Published
Device Network Id vacuum
Status ACTIVE
Hub asheville mansion Hub
Group Kitchen
Last Activity At 2018-01-09 6:59 PM EST
Date Created 2018-01-09 6:59 PM EST
Last Updated 2018-01-09 7:06 PM EST
Data No data found for device
Current States
operationState: Ready
operationThingsState: Disconnected
isConnected: disconnected
Preferences (edit)
Name Type Value
versionInfo string
Execution Location Cloud
Events List Events
In Use By
Amazon Alexa

I talked to somebody on Live chat but its probably some AI
not so much help and ticket number is not showing in
https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us/requests

I somehow managed to connect Samsung POWERbot R9350 with Samsung home to Samsung Artik cloud and back to Smartthings.
3x Samsung owned clouds , what a mess.

I can turn it on but not off.
Anyway, that is what I needed anyway.
in smart lighting: If everybody leaves => turn on.
Vacuum does its thing

I did try to change device handler from Artik generic switch to Artik vacuum, Sami vacuum but => null

Sorry, just saw your messages. It seems like you got the Artik -> Smartthings integration setup. I agree it’s a mess. I ran into the same roadblock at the moment. I’m able to turn it on or off, but getting the current status isn’t working. It seems the device is not positing it’s current status to the Artik API - at least as far as I can see.

The Samsung Connect application does have the status, but I’m not sure if it’s querying the device locally or if it has yet another API that it’s consuming with the information. I haven’t looked at it much since I got to the turn on / off point. At least that allows a basic level of automation tying into other devices. I hope to have some time to dig deeper soon. It’s a real pity that Samsung can’t make this experience better - the data and APIs are obviously there.

looks like lucky us. New firmware include

Fix discovery of some Samsung Digital Appliances

Will find out tomorrow night!

not really, unless you are part of last beta.

I was :smile:

Now you are on it.
Does it work?

half way :laughing: The device connects and updates status, but the control screen doesn’t load. Looks like it might be an iOS bug. Will validate when i get a chance to test with an Android device tonight.

:disappointed:

Updated Hub firmware has not fixed the issue. More empty promises.