Samsung TV

It sucks I don’t know why they have the limit on 2016 vs. 2015 models. They run the same OS and have the same smarttv features. The only thing I want is the text notifications.

2 Likes

RICCI, Other than CoRE, is there any other smartapp to use for notifications. I havent got into the CoRE scene yet.
Craig it might have to with hardware, Seems like only those TVs that are compatible with thier “extend” are the ones working

I haven’t ran accross anything else that exposes the deviceNotifications () for the TV. Notify Me When could not do it and I don’t have Rule Machine anymore to check. There is a learnig curve with CoRE but it is very flexible and well worth the learning time. The current support seems very fragmented, the only access to sound and picture modes is through Routines and the modes are not an option in CoRE.

Not only year, but models too. I have a J series 2016 that was more expensive than a lower end K model and still not eligible!

Update…or maybe J series are 2015 models? Who knows, all I know is that I cannot add it as a ‘thing’ lol

Found this, looks like J series is actually 2015

1 Like

Yes Samsung uses the alphabet partially. 2015 models are J, 2016 are K.

1 Like

Looks like someone is still tweaking some things. CoRE now has the setPictureMode(…) and setPictureMode(…) under the TV. I can now change the TV’s sound and picture modes via CoRE instead of having to use a routine. Getting better, but still would like to see a source input for the device. I guess I will have try my hand at an automated movie scene piston.

Just install CoRE smartapp, now to learn how to create pistons. Maybe you can post a step by step when you get it notifications running

I have a couple presence and mode change notifications running. I will try to put something together for you tomorrow.

Thanks… hopefully I can find some time to get to know CoRE. My project this weekend is to install home bridge a MacBook.

Hi,

I’m totally new here so please be gently with me :slight_smile:

Anyway actually currently building my smarthome and I’m planning to get the ST 2nd gen and 49" Samsung smart TV (still not sure which one) and also some kind of wi-fi HD video doorbell.

So I’m curious is it possible to connect doorbell to Smart TV? As a matter of fact I would like to get kind of popup at the top of the screen with live stream from doorbell camera?

Has anyone successfully managed to get this working?

Thuis is what I am talking about, it is arounf 1:20:

thx in advance,
Teo

Currently I do not think it can be done. At best, you can get a text notification on the info bar at the top. The clip seems to be a demonstration of a TV that is using the fabled “Extend USB adapter”. When / if the Extend device does become available, a separate V2 hub would not be required as one is contained in the TV (minus the Zigbee and Zwave radios which is rumored to be contained in the Extend or the extend enables the radios).

Here is a link to the Extend for a little more information:

RICCI Thanks for you help on the CoRE piston for notification on the TV. You made it so easy for me

1 Like

It seems they have an early access program for it but invite only. Would love to be a part of it if someone could send me an invite.

At one point there was a place where you could enter an email address for, I think, getting on a preorder list. I haven’t been able to find it again. There hasn’t been much visable movement on the Extend since CES 2016. If they are still working on it, maybe they will use the new DTH and integration to to look for victims, I mean possible volunteers, for the invite list.

1 Like

Does anyone know how to monitor the power state of the TV using CoRE? I’d like to change lighting states when the TV is on.

You could use switch>(TV) changes to on to control the lighting.

IF
● TV switch changes to on…

Hmm, mine doesn’t show up as a switch. But I did just find it listed under light bulb devices.

Now I have a problem that the TV device is constantly cycling on and off, even though the actual TV isn’t changing states. Anyone else seeing this?

Mine is also under bulb capability but the switch attribute does not show anything related to power,. I am not seeing the power cycling in my recently section for mine.

Did you ever find a way out of this loop?

I had to remove my TV from Smartthings.

Now when I go back to add it, it just keeps asking Allow /Deny on the TV. I hit allow and nothing happens in the app. After 30 seconds or so the allow / deny message comes back on the TV and the cycle repeats.