Samsung TV doesn't connect to Smartthings App

Hi,

I am trying to re-connect a Samsung UE65TU7022K SmartTV to the SmartThings App, which is being run on a Samsung Galaxy A50 SmartPhone.

The TV previously did connect without issues. Connection has been lost since a flash reset performed on the TV.

The TV is connected to the router via Ethernet cable, the phone is connected to the same router through wireless.

Both the TV and smart phone are logged in to the same Samsung account.

I have tried to log off on and log back in on both the TV and phone. Restarted both and re-installed the SmartThings app on the phone. All updates are installed and the latest version is run.

When scanning the QR code on the tv to register on the app, it says the QR code is not supported.

When scanning for nearby devices, the app recognises the TV, however the registration process is interrupted with the error code 07-005.

Please provide support to resolve this issue.

@aniko_dorone Same problem is being discussed Smartthings error code "07-005" - #5 by serg_s5

Hello Daniel,

thanks for your e-mail.

We have problem with using Soundbar via wifi as a radio. It often disconnects and if it happens the mobile is not able to connect again. The Smart Things app (on mobile) doesn’t see the Soundbar. At that situation we unplug the devices, restart the mobile. But 10 % chance being successed. We aren’t even trying.
The failur message is: Connect the same wifi. But we have only one wify connection. So I don’t understand what the problem is.

Could you help us to solve the problem.

Beforehand I thank your answer.

Anikó Dóró

I can tell you that uninstalling the app from my wife’s phone (LG ThinQ40), restarting her phone, installing the app, then connecting the TV worked for us. Sorry I am not more useful. It seems that this 07-005 message was caused by actions on my phone, but blocked actions on my wife’s phone.

@serg_s5 I cannot post in that other Forum Thread, but just so you know we have gotten things working:

Here is the Update:

I factory reset.
My wife then uninstalled SmartThings on her phone.
She restarted her phone and reinstalled the app.
We were able to add the TV in her app, LG ThinQ40 phone.

My phone now sees the TV in the App as well.

Things aren’t perfect, but it is working.

Thank you, Daniel. I will try it.

Best regards,

Anikó Dóró

| Daniel_Maher
January 27 |

• | - |

I can tell you that uninstalling the app from my wife’s phone (LG ThinQ40), restarting her phone, installing the app, then connecting the TV worked for us. Sorry I am not more useful. It seems that this 07-005 message was caused by actions on my phone, but blocked actions on my wife’s phone.

@serg_s5 I cannot post in that other Forum Thread, but just so you know we have gotten things working:

Here is the Update:

I factory reset.
My wife then uninstalled SmartThings on her phone.
She restarted her phone and reinstalled the app.
We were able to add the TV in her app, LG ThinQ40 phone.

My phone now sees the TV in the App as well.

Things aren’t perfect, but it is working.

I did the steps you described. Unfortunately, my problem was not solved.