Samsung Smart Tv Integration?

Do they plan to? (Open push notification) if so ill have to buy one :slight_smile:

Im so so so surprised samsung havnt allowed SmartThings to add an app to the tv app store with push notifications activated (facebook n twitter can do it) why cant samsungs own hole automation system - seems like a drastic let down !!!

Even more so when the apps for samsung tvs are so so soooooo easy to develop from what ive read its childs play . . .

3 Likes

No word yet as far as I know. I would assume that it must be coming. I donā€™t see why not.

Iā€™d love an app built into the TV too.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know about the UK, but in parts of Europe it is actually illegal to put notifications across a broadcast picture as it could be used as a form of censorship. So sometimes you find things from the US that actually cannot be implemented in Europe for various screen displays over an existing broadcast picture.

I donā€™t know if that applies here, but I did just want to mention it, as it comes up quite often as an issue in the globalisation of various TV apps.

1 Like

I thought this also but i have several apps and samsund own built in notification all have popups that cover the corner of the live tv for a few seconds from everything such as " pre announcement of tv updates " and twitter and facebook notofications and a few more

The other option i considered was a DLNA push to the tv for a 2second doorbell sound that then goes back to the tv stream after but that would be clunky as hell

Hmmmm @slagle - samsung smart tv app for ALL models old and new // possible or pipe dream ???

Definitely possible :smile:

Hard to say what where when though

3 Likes

Would be a god send !!! :slight_smile:

I did not know this! Interesting!

Anyway, yes for a ST app for Samsung TVs please :smile:

Integrate integrate integrate!

1 Like

http://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=9099&start=50

Any samygo firmare users with an understanding of telnet ā€” your welcome :wink: x

1 Like

That looks awesome. Looks like I am going to try this on my next TV

2 Likes

Yeah I was going to ā€˜hackā€™ my TV but Iā€™m not sure mine can beā€¦ What Iā€™ve always want to do is find some way of installing Hyperion DIRECTLY on to the TV (I believe itā€™s running some sort of Linux distribution) and then using one of the USB ports to output the necessary serial data directly to a WS2812/APA102 LED stripā€¦

1 Like

Knowingly bumping an old thread here, but stumbled upon this at git:

Maybe itā€™s serving some help in this question?

Owner of a H series myself, would love some integration :slight_smile:

From the readme

API Usage
The API supports three main features:
Discover: Discover a compatible Samsung SmartTV on your network
Connect: Connect and launch applications on the SmartTV
Communicate: Communicate with a SmartTV application and other mobile devices.
Connect
Once a device or ā€œserviceā€ has been discovered, you can interact with the service to get additional information about the device, or start, stop, install, and retrieve information about applications. Both installed applications and cloud applications can be launched

Communicate
After connecting and launching the application on the TV, otherwise known as the host, the client can now publish both text and binary messages to any and/or all connected clients.
Publishing Messages
To send or publish a message, the client must supply:
Message Event: Application defined event describing the message
Message Data: A string or object representing the message data

3 Likes

I know itā€™s been years since the last post but itā€™s still a relevant question. Iā€™m using a local tablet with Tasker add-ons to ā€œtouchā€ the skybell notification and then cast the skybell app to the tv when the doorbell rings. Would much rather have a single picture instead of live video and perhaps a pip window.

1 Like

Just stepping in to BUMP this thread. Still searching for a solution. I may have come close with Notifications for Fire TV, but ultimately Samsung should be able to connect itā€™s TVā€™s to our Samsung phones and mirror the notifications. Itā€™s stupid that this is not yet a realityā€¦

1 Like