Samsung Q80 TV

I just purchased a Samsung Q80 television (QN65Q80RAFXZA) and cannot get it to work with the SamrtThings app(s). It shows up in the new app ( I think it even had to use it for initial setup of the TV) and show the current power state and OTA channel, but when I open the icon it errors out with “Could not get information…”. Looking in the IDE, the device didn’t have information completed such as the hub, type, and network id. I modified those, but the type field only seems to populate information if I choose Samsung OCF TV. Anyone have any thoughts?

Edit: after changing settings in IDE, I can see basic controls in the classic app (vol, channel, power, mute).

Just a reminder that the Classic app is in the early stages of being phased out…

Yes, I understand that. I am referring primarily to issues with the ‘new’ app. My reference to the classic app was coincidental in that it actually shows limited controls. I’m a bit upset that the new app doesn’t work (tried on two Android phones, one of which is a Samsung). Without the new app, advertised features such as custom ambient controls are not possible.

If you’re looking for help with Samsung brand appliances, vacuums, or televisions, including how they work with the “SmartThings (Samsung Connect)” app, see the official support forum, which includes assistance from Samsung staff:

http://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Get-Help/ct-p/get-help