I just sent this detailed reply to Smartthings Support since their last “help” did not help.
Hello again. Well I did all you suggested but to no avail. In fact I went above and beyond your suggestions as I shall explain.
First of all, since I had a rather old Smartthings hub, I decided to buy a new Version 3 hub with WI-fi connectivity to my router. That, I thought, would allow me to mount the hub near my Schlage front door lock. Before doing so I excluded the old devices from Z-wave and reset the lock to its original factory settings. I checked to make sure the lock was disabled from Z-wave.
When the new V3 hub arrived I set it up and added the Schlage Connect lock to it. From the new Smartthings app. the lock works just fine–locks and unlocks perfectly with no error messages. I then used the Smartthings app to connect my lock to Alexa.
Once paired, I could voice request Alexa to lock and unlock and she did so. However, just as before, a minute or so after the properly executed action, Alexa still said: “Sorry, the lock is unresponsive.” I’m no farther ahead with this issue after spending money and time to fix it!
In addition–and I failed to mention this in my previous message–if I use the Alexa app on my phone, not the Smartthings app–Alexa executes the request to lock and unlock properly, but if I keep looking at the Alexa app on my phone I see the message “Waiting for 003B-6341-5044”. After about a minute that message disappears I get a red message saying “There is a problem with the lock!”
In short, nothing has changed with the new hub. This is exactly what I had with my V2 hub since I updated from the old Classic Smartthings app to the new Smartthngs app last week. For the past three years I had no issue with the same lock using Classic Smartthings. Now I’ve got this problem despite a new hub and a completely redone lock setup. Yes, I just tried doing a Z-wave repair, but that didn’t help either. Please fix your app!