S7 Edge Presence Sensor Intermittent Issues

presencesensor
peer_support
support
troubleshooting

I’m looking for some advice on how to solve my presence sensor (Galaxy S7 Edge) intermittently reporting myself as away while within the geofence set for my ST. Here are some things I have tried in the order I tried them;

• Adjusted Geofence to be a larger area
  • Rebooted ST
  • Verified ST has access to use Location information on my S7
  • Made sure my phone is on home wifi
  • Reset settings on phone
  • Set static IP on my router for the ST and S7 (wanted to eliminate DHCP server conflicts)

So far none of these attempts have solved my issue. There was a time when I first setup my ST that it was not having this issue. I probably went 2-3 months without an issue. Now I see this issue almost daily. Any suggestions or additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

This subject has been around since I joined this forum and as far as I know, no one has ever found any one absolute fix. If you do a search on the topic you will find lot of threads. Some have used DDWRT firmware for routers, life 360, presence fobs as a backup to phones. Each solution has it’s own merits and in some cases drawbacks. But as far as I know, there is one solution to the problem of phones as presence sensors.

I was afraid of that… thanks

(Dan P Parker) #4

One additional thing to do is make sure your ST app isn’t being shut down by the App Power Monitor feature.

Wow, I think that might do it! Thanks for that!

(Richard Woodward) #6

My S7 edge has been much more reliable since setting Smartthings as an Unmonitored App to prevent it being killed off. It’s still not 100% perfect but a huge improvement.