Router connections ST with PHB

I have my ATT modem with built-in router in a closet where I have a switch that runs Ethernet into 5 other rooms, one being a centrally located office where I have the ST hub connected. I plan to use the Hue lighting system with the bridge, once I have the lights connected to the bridge and the bridge connected to the ST hub, must I keep the bridge connected to the router? I was hoping to stick the bridge away some where and plugged into a power source, but not the router. I’ll do all controls through ST and Alexa - otherwise, I have to either put the bridge in one of the other rooms, the closet with the ATT system or add a small switch where I have the ST - thoughts and advise welcome and appreciated.

You can put the hue bridge anywhere you have ethernet connected to your router. You can purchase a small 4-8 port switch if you want to put it in another room that has only one ethernet drop.

So it must stay connected to the router even after it’s been set up.

Thank you,
Don Bauman

Yes, the Hue bridge needs to remain connected. It does not have a wireless chip or any other means of communication with the Hue servers or our hub.

Bummer, no issues I’ll make it work

Thank you,
Don Bauman