Ring Video Doorbell

You’re not toggling the motion detection itself, rather notifying through CoRE or webCoRE… you would turn off motion detection in the ring app on all the phones that have it installed… that’s what I do…

1 Like

Okay, I know this is going to be a ‘D’oh’ moment, but I’ve installed my Ring doorbell in ST but the only options I see when I click on it in Devices is “Ready” and the “refresh” arrow. Should I be seeing anything else?

No, that’s all there is.

As @jkp said, that’s it while it’s sitting there fat dumb and happy. If there’s motion you’ll see the device show motion as well.

1 Like

Yep - that’s what I’m seeing.

So I assume you use third party smart apps to make it useful?

This post should help you

2 Likes

I use CORE to pause my TV when the doorbell is pushed. Also turns indoor lights on when rang to make it look like I am home when I am not.

2 Likes

Are you using Harmony to control pausing the TV?

I’m using a smart app that allows me to control Kodi with ST, but you could also use a harmony hub in place of that.

I have two locations and all of my Ring’s are on the same account, unfortunately with SmartThings I can only intergrate my Ring doorbell with one location. While I can add it on both, only the most recent added location will report motion and ring status of the doorbell

Hello,
It’s been about 6-7 months since this comment - do you have any updates regarding adding the video feed from the doorbell to smartthings?

2 Likes

I have a ST routine that when it is night, pushing the door bell button turns on some lights.

I have a question. Does anyone know when or if there is already someone that has tried to get the actual ring live video or when someone rings the door the actual live video call on the SmartThings app???
I like to see all my video feeds in it whether it is ring, my indoor cam or the outside ones, all lined up on the SmartThings app.

Thank you
Denis

The video stream isn’t exposed like normal IP cameras, it’s locked down so only Ring can access it. Only official integration would let Ring expose the stream to SmartThings, the first and only 3rd party to Ring that has access to the stream that I know of, was very recently with the Amazon Echo Show.

1 Like

I was thinking I would be able to do this. Bummer that you can’t. Makes sense that you should.

Simple motion alert on/off. I understand I can make a webCoRE rule but that doesn’t allow me to simple tap on the motion alert and have the video pop up.

Why isn’t this a feature?..

Having the motion sensor via Ring Doorbell (1/2/pro) with SmartThing works great.

IFFT works great with ST and Lifx, harmony etc.

Ring and IFFT have a huge problem it seems like. I notice all triggers note there is an up to hour delay. I wanted to use IFFT because ST doesn’t support color changing or Stickup camera motion detection.

Sadly IFFT would be a work around for both missing integrations with ST but IFFT lags too much wth any Ring integration. This is also a problem if I want motion or doorbell to trigger harmony to End activity. IFFT is too slow with Ring before it even gets a chance to talk to Harmony. Not sure if there’s a way to accomplish Ring to SmartThings to Harmony to end my speakers or turn on activity to switch my tv input.

For me a want is:

1. Support Stickup Cam (and wired floodlight cams) - for motion sensor mosty. Just like with the Ring Doorbells.

2. Chime / Chime Pro integration. Would be neat to have other motion sensors talk to Chime but i feel like Ring has this device on lockdown…

3. More color support for SmartThings in general. Would be great if routines and alarm works with color support (with existing lifx color support ST already has) right now it seems ST only does manual color changes, no activity/color support.

1 Like

Have you tried webCoRE and KuKu Harmony?

Don’t know about the stickup Cam but the above 2 combos are killer.

I actually did find some Harmony addons after forgetting I did already test one. I now have my Ring Doorbell motion sensor automatically start an activity that sets my TV to my FireTV that launches the Ring android app :slight_smile:

It requires google play store to be loaded on your FireTV and sequence of “Fire Home button, down down down, okay” or however you permanently locate the Ring app from the FireTV home screen now that Amazon lets you stick apps anyway you’d like.

Now if we could just get Ring Stickup Cam that I have using Solar panel (works great) to use its motion sensor with ST the same way the Ring Doorbells do…

Fyi you can use tasker to automatically launch whatever app you want when your fire tv boots up.

How well does the Ring app run on FireTv? Do you get notifications on the FireTv like you would your phone? Do other FireTv apps still run ok? I was considering side loading it onto mine when news came out this week that echo would be able to control FireTv in an upcomming release.