Ring Stick Up Cam Wired Integration

Thx for the reply!
Are you still able to use Classic app afterwards? Or does opening new app somehow break functions on my Classic app/hubv2?

You can use both apps.

1 Like

Iā€™ll give it a shot & report back

1 Like

Looks like the new app, even using the brand option gives the same msg. Door view cam not supported. Bummer.

It is listed as a supported device, why does it not work? A lot of people got suckered into buying the ring stick up cam battery this Christmas because it comes up in search ā€œworks with google homeā€ or ā€œworks with Google assistantā€. There would be a lot of happy folks if this could be corrected.
Pleaseā€¦

The Ring stick up cam wired was added to smartthings as a supported Ring device some time back. Not sure what the plans are for the battery version.

It may be supported but right now the only way to add it is via the ā€˜New Deviceā€™ option on the web interface. The Apps donā€™t show that camera as a selectable option. Once I added it from the web interface it shows up as a device but canā€™t access the video stream.
I wish I could use another Arlo (I have 4 set up now) but the location I need to monitor is too far for a reliable signal (about 100ā€™ with stucco walls in between) and Iā€™m not willing to pay a monthly monitoring fee for the Cell enabled version. I truly wish Arlo would come up with a range extender for their hubs.

1 Like

How did you add the Stick Up Cam through the web interface? i.e. how to you determine the network ID and ensure it will properly connect to it?

I added it via the web interface and for network ID just used the name I assigned to to. Works fine

i be interested as to how as i can add it but nothing works so can use the motion because it never see any ā€¦ the cam is listed but i not convinced its attached to any real device any ides would be great thanks