Ring Floodlight and doorbell Live View unavailable

Hi I have 2 floodlight cams and a doorbell 2 and none of the live video feeds are working in ST, I only really want this for the live feed to appear on the TV when using it, but that doesn’t appear either. The app just states “Camera is unavailable. Tap the refresh button.” Is it a latency issue? Can I extend the timeout for live view?

I have changed the doorbell to Pro in IDE
The log shows:

9:43:21 AM: info [SM] ringApiResponseTime=853

9:43:20 AM: trace [SM] Executing ‘ringApiGet()’

9:43:20 AM: info [SM] ringApiResponseTime=1259

9:43:20 AM: trace [SM] Executing ‘liveStreamHandler()’

9:43:21 AM: trace [SM] This is not a latent stream

9:43:21 AM: trace [SM] Executing ‘handleLatentLiveStream()’

9:43:21 AM: debug [SM] vendorMessage() - On-Demand Live View Event Received for Side.

Any help appreciated

So to add to the strangeness, Ring is recording the live view and I Can see it on their website that it was recorded but it never comes through to ST?

Yes unfortunately same problem, apparently there’s 2 types of floodlight camera and despite falsely saying it works on the SmartThings site it doesnt.

I even bought a Samsung 65" Q90 TV with SmartThings and it still wont work, given up after a year trying to simply display Rings cameras on the TV.

My trial for the protect plan expires today so hoping that might be stopping it, the api is working and the camera is activating, it just doesnt make it back to ST

@RH84 did you ever get this working? same issue here with Ring Doorbell 2

Nope never resolved, I called Ring they said it doesnt support the video integration. So pretty much a dead end, wish I’d gone with a different brand now but oh well.

So I pursued this with Ring support who contacted ST and after clearing the data from my ST app its now working on both my phone and TV!!