Reverting back to DTH after using Edge driver

Hi @nayelyz! Thank you for responding to my post!

It is being paired to the “Z-Wave Garage Door Opener” Driver (version: 2022-08-02T20:09:37.750473266). The interesting thing I noticed from the first one or two times that I tried pairing it in the ST app is that originally the app was showing different GoControl model numbers, as I recall choosing the GD00Z-4 Z-Wave Plus, and now with my last few pairing attempts it only shows one model, “GoControl Garage Door Opener”.

I just setup my new Aeotec hub and ST app this past week and subsequently found out about and dug into the IDE and RBoy’s custom device handlers so this is all quite new.

Try the Scan option instead of choosing the Brand and Model.

Hi @jkp. I have tried that as as well, since that is in RBoy’s instructions, and all roads seem to lead back to the Edge driver. :frowning: I brought that up as an aside that what shows in the app has changed over the last week as well.

Did you publish the device handler in IDE?

Yes, it has been published just like the other DHs.

Please check which drivers you have installed in your Hub:

1. Check which drivers are installed in your hub and share a screen capture.
    To do so, follow these steps:
    a. In the ST app, go to the Hub and enter its details
    b. Click on the menu (three-dot symbol in the upper-right corner)
    c. Select “driver”.
    You’ll see the list of installed drivers and the channels in which your Hub is enrolled.

Have you seen if any of the other devices are being controlled by a Driver?

Hi @nayelyz. There is only one driver listed and if I delete the GoControl it also appears to remove the driver it seems as it no longer shows. The other interesting thing is that in the Hub main page it doesn’t even show the GC as a connected device and only shows the devices using device handlers. I only have those other two devices connected so nothing else is using a driver at this point.

I could only add one photo to the post so here are the other two related to my reply.

Ok, so I think it is taking the fingerprint included on the official driver that is included in production (here).
I just made a test and I was able to pair the device to the DTH, so, please, check if changing the DTH’s name helps, something totally different like “my GoControl device”.
Note: I suggest you create a new DTH just in case because of the cache issue.
I mean this value:

It seems those that have similar names to the stock ones, like “Z-Wave Garage Door Opener …” are being ignored.

Ok, so it took 3 tries but it did FINALLY work. I created a new copy of the DTH and called it “My GoControl Device” as you suggested. I used the scan option each time. The first time it showed two Garage Doors added, both with the name the Edge driver gives them, but only one actually showed in the app but still was using the Edge driver. The second time I removed it, unplugged the hub and rebooted it, restarted the app, and it found a single device that time but still with the Edge driver. The third time I removed it, I checked in the hub’s drivers in the app just to be sure and saw that this time it was still listed so I deleted it from the hub in the app. When I scanned that time it took a little longer connecting and came up with the DTH’s device name! Everything looks perfect in IDE as well!

Thank you @nayelyz and also @jkp for your time and input!

2 Likes

Hi @theparkdude and @nayelyz. thanks for bringing this to our attention. We (iblinds) have made the Edge driver updates for the zwave-window-treatment to include our newer iblinds configuration parameters. We are in the queue waiting for the Edge Driver Team to review our pull request.

2 Likes