Reset STH-ETH-001

I have an older SmartThings Hub, which I am having problems connecting. The app doesn’t recognize it. And there is no reset button to do a factory reset.

I remember there was a web interface where I could log in to control the hub and devices, but I can’t find it anymore (has it been removed)?

https://account.smartthings.com

Also check for two locations. You may only need to switch locations in the ST app to see your hub correctly.

1 Like

Perhaps you could help me locate that reset switch on this STH-ETH-001 ?

OK , so I was given a model STH-ETH-001. Is this unit worth saving and/or doing anything with ? Can’t discover or add to S/T app… better to simply invest in a newer model ?

Yes, definitely get a newer model as the one you have is obsolete and no longer receives firmware updates. Get a V2 or a V3. V2 has more memory and faster processor and V3 can use wifi or ethernet…either is a good choice

Many thanks Troy….

Best,

JR

1 Like

I doubt you will be able to find a new v2 at this point. The v3 will be rebranded soon as the aeotec smart home hub. It should be in stock within a few weeks

check ebay for v2, they sell $30+.

2 Likes

If I was just starting out, I’d get the v2 home monitoring kit for 130 bucks. Brand new v2 hub, pocket socket, 2 open/close sensors and a motion sensor. Not a bad price.

1 Like

yep, i think thats how i started out, but years back it was around $159 on sale.

you can find the same kit on ebay for around $60-70