Reset Smart tag?

I recently replaced a damaged phone with a new phone. when I tried pairing the new phone to the smart tags it said it was paired to another device and had to be logged off. I don’t have the old phone. What do I do now? Anyone have an idea on how to reset?

Is it one of these models? If so, reset instructions are given on that page.

I have a Samsung galaxy s10+ now and trying to pair the samsung smart tag that was previously paired to my old phone which I no longer have.

I’m having this exact same issue with a galaxy zflip 4, and I cannot find any information for solutions. I might have to contact samsung support directly. Did you ever resolve this?

I have the same problem only I bought mine off ebay and was able to get my money back. It was probably a return and someone already registered it. If you have an account with samsung you may be able to remove it only then re-register it with your new phone.

I found a solution. I had a S20 and the screen stopped working. I replaced it with a S20+.
All you have to do is, when you log into the Smart Things app on your new phone, use the exact user name and password that you used on your old phone. This will then automatically load up the app with the smart tags again. The situation becomes a problem if you forget your login details on the original phone. There is no way to get around it or “reset” the tags. This is how Samsung ensure they remain “secure”. Even if you loose your phone, you can log into the app on your new phone with your credentials.

You can only re-register the tag if the previous owner had de-registered it from their phone through their smart things app.