Removing/unenrolling GE 45614 3-Way

I think one of my GE 3-way switches is acting up. I want to remove it, then reinstall it to see if that helps.

I tried to follow the instructions - go into the “General Device Exclusions” and click the bottom half of the switch but I couldn’t get it to acknowledge the removal. I went into Things and removed it (which brought me to the “General Device Exclusions” again) and it still wouldn’t work.

Oddly - the blue indicator light stopped working altogether.

So - I guess this is two pronged:

How do I remove it?
How do I get the blue light to work again? It’s an LED right? Seems unlikely that it would burn out.

I think the LED light can be programmed to stay OFF regardless of whether the switch is ON/OFF.
(I do see an option on the switch’s “Things” page to turn it off completely.)

Yep - thanks.

I did check that. I tried all the options, actually, On when on, on when off, never on. Nothing.

Switch seems to be working though.

As far as excluding/removing… very strange behavior. Any ideas there?

I have had some issues excluding Monoprice sensors, and it was a “try till you succeed” approach.
GE switches have so far been problem free so far …

Ok -

Perhaps I was doing it wrong.

I’m using a GE45609 switch with an auxilary (I forget model number) to make a 3 way switch.

I removed the switch in Things. It sent me to the General Device Exclusion thing where it told me to “follow the manufacturer’s instructions to exclude a device.”

I pushed “down” on the 45609 and nothing happened. I pushed up and nothing happened. I pushed and pushed and pushed and nothing ever happened.

Can you tell me what I was missing? If this switch is indeed on the fritz (indicator light stopped working), I’m going to need to replace it which will necessitate getting it off my system.

The general exclusion mode is only up for 15 seconds. Could it be that you were out of time during the exclusion?
Does repeating the same steps work?
I would also suggest that you contact ST support, they are quick and super helpful.