[REMOVED] Nest Manager 2.0

Thanks.

I realize there is a lot of things to install :wink:
Did you install the automations smartapp?

I am sorry. The update from GitHub did not update my existing apps and device handlers. I did it manually and now everything is working fine. Big time user error by me.

1 Like

I was having problems and I am trying to do a clean install.
But I am not able to get rid of the Nest Manager. I have no Nest products found on my iPhone. It is just the app installed and it wonā€™t remove. When I try to delete it on the IDE it says I have it installed on my phone.

But the app stays there even after hitting ā€œRemove.ā€

are you using the thermostat under any routines or rules in rule machine?

No, I was even able to remove my Thermostat and Protect. So they arenā€™t even on the phone to be used by any app.
Any feedback?

Should the new verison have a Automation and Manager installed on the Smart App IDE?

@tonesto7 awesome job. I had no problems updating from IDE. I like the new look. Routines appear to be working correctly with it. Temperature setting goes to the correct temp (manually input in the smartapp, from routines or from Nest) and doesnā€™t revert to some odd setting.

1 Like

So you are trying to delete the app from My SmartApps in the IDE? If yes you need to open the mobile app and remove the nest manager app from the SmartApps list

I am. Nest Manager under Marketplace > My Apps.
ā€œRemoveā€ at the bottom, ā€œAre you sure?ā€ "Yes"
Then goes back to Smart Apps and it is still there.

I completely missed the automations SmartApp

Everything is working perfect now

No swipe from the right to left and bring out the menu and tap smart apps

Yeah, it isnā€™t even there.
It never was there for me.

What would you like me to try?

Lolā€¦ this it the bug that st created :slight_smile:

In the IDE click on My Locations > List SmartApps > Nest Manager and uncheck the box at the bottom labeled local child app discovery. Once you do that re-open the app and the smart app will be listed there again.

You will need to do this with any app that you install until ST fixes their mess.

Have you watched the logs in the IDE while testing a mode change?

I am having the same issue as othersā€¦

I am trying to delete the old appā€¦ the new app shows and in the actual thermostat it says I am on 1.1.4 and the new version 2.0 is availableā€¦ but canā€™t get it to update.

Any thoughts?

so you updated and publish the 4 device handler and manager and automation app?

Thank you sir.

Any idea why I have about 20 Nest Manager apps? lol

It works fine when not in a full routine it seems.

Hard to sayā€¦ Thatā€™s no longer possible as of v2.0

I have the Manager, Autmation, and four device handlers loaded and published. They are also all black texted.

But now I am getting ā€œDevice Handlers are likely missing or not published. Please read the installation instructions and verify all device handlers are present before continuing.ā€