[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN71 700 Switch

My DTH is creating the “released” events, but ST doesn’t support them so if that’s something you’re interested in using then you’ll need to use a custom SmartApp like WebCoRE.

I was wondering about that, it’ll be useful. I’m basically doing CCT and dimming with LED strips. Was trying to avoid WebCoRE to cut down on some latency, but I have essentially that setup with WebCoRE in a few rooms using Ecosmart CCT bulbs and remotes. It’s just a little too wonky for the wife and guests. I’ll end up trying it with these switches, anyway. It might be an improvement.

Still hoping for some seamless dimming and color temp changes to run natively on ST one day, but I don’t know if that’s ever going to happen.

At the moment the Zen21 setup is on/off, holds for full and nightlight… up multi-taps for brightness levels, down multi-taps for color temps. Not ideal, but works pretty well.

I just know that one day everything will “just work” perfectly… hahah

1 Like

I noticed setting the LED color/brightiness/mode is available in the settings for the ZEN71, but it’s not available in routines. This can be done for the ZEN32. Is this supported for the ZEN71? As in, can I just copy-pasta the code from the 32 handler into the 71 handler?

Yes, I know Edge drivers are coming and Groovy DHs are going away, but Zooz doesn’t have them out yet, so I’d like to do this in the meantime. Thanks!

The short answer is no because even though the code could be copied and pasted with some tweaks, additional code would need to be added to prevent things from changing back every time you touch the settings and you’d also need to use the CLI to create a new presentation in order to display the new tile on the dashboard and in automations.

Heh, I’m actually half-way there on seeing this fail… Trying to get the CLI to give me the view for the ZEN32 and it’s failing with status code 500. If you don’t mind pushing me in the right direction on a dying ecosystem, I don’t mind flailing around. I’m using the command below:

smartthings presentation:device-config:generate 9dc0b4b5-d711-3bc5-b684-59dec4c9bc19 --dth -o=zen32Controller.json -j

The command you’re using is correct if you’re trying to generate the device-config from the ID of a DTH you have installed in the IDE, but if you’re trying to generate it from an existing vid/presentation id then you need to use:

smartthings presentation:device-config 9dc0b4b5-d711-3bc5-b684-59dec4c9bc19 -o=zen32Controller.json -j

1 Like

There’s a driver available for the Zooz ZEN71 On/Off Switch on Zooz’s Edge Driver Channel.