[RELEASE] Zooz Remote Switch ZEN34

This is a DTH for the Zooz Remote Switch (ZEN34)

Features:

• Battery

• Supported Button Actions: down, down_hold, down_2x, down_3x, down_4x, down_5x, up, up_hold, up_2x, up_3x, up_4x, up_5x

• Settings: LED Indicator Mode, Lower Paddled LED Indicator Color, Upper Paddled LED Indicator Color

• Association Group 2 for direct On/Off control of other devices

• Association Group 3 for direct Dimming control of other devices

WARNING:

If you add a device’s Device Network ID to this device’s Group 2 or Group 3 Association setting and then remove that device from SmartThings, you MUST come back and remove it from that setting. Failing to do that will substantially increase the number of z-wave messages being sent by this device and could affect the stability of your z-wave mesh.

4 Likes

Have you had a chance to try the dimming capability of the direct zwave association?

Thanks!

Yes, it works as expected for me…

Awesome, one reason I am asking is because of my experience with the GE battery remote unit that is very similar to these zooz remotes.

When I associate the GE remote dimmer switch with Ge mains power dimmers I can dim to any level reliably.

But when I associate the GE remote against Zooz dimmers, the Zooz dimmers only go on and off, they never dim.

Before I get these I wanted to confirm behavior.

Thanks

In order for the dimmer to work it has to support the start and stop level change commands and if the device has ramp rate settings then slowing the rate can help prevent it from overshooting.

If you open live logging do you see tons of messages while holding down the Zooz dimmer paddles?

Any idea why webCoRE shows 32 buttons? How can I tell which is up 3x, down 3x, etc.?

Webcore was created before ST changed their button implementation so it doesn’t support the new actions directly, but yo

The device only has 1 button and the post below explains how to use it:

FYI, SmartThings just broke the button implementation in Automations of the Android app so it’s now listing all 22 button actions instead of just the ones specified in the DTHs supportedButtonValues attribute…

1 Like