[RELEASE] Zooz Remote Switch ZEN34

There’s a driver available for this device on Zooz’s Edge Driver Channel.

Important: after inclusion has finished and you’ve tested that the button is working you should tap the upper paddle 7x to force it to wake up and go back to sleep.

Most of the information below is for the old Groovy Handler which will stop working on 9/30/2022.

This is a DTH for the Zooz Remote Switch (ZEN34)

Features:

• Battery

• Supported Button Actions: down, down_hold, down_2x, down_3x, down_4x, down_5x, up, up_hold, up_2x, up_3x, up_4x, up_5x

• Settings: LED Indicator Mode, Lower Paddled LED Indicator Color, Upper Paddled LED Indicator Color

4 Likes

Have you had a chance to try the dimming capability of the direct zwave association?

Thanks!

Yes, it works as expected for me…

Awesome, one reason I am asking is because of my experience with the GE battery remote unit that is very similar to these zooz remotes.

When I associate the GE remote dimmer switch with Ge mains power dimmers I can dim to any level reliably.

But when I associate the GE remote against Zooz dimmers, the Zooz dimmers only go on and off, they never dim.

Before I get these I wanted to confirm behavior.

Thanks

In order for the dimmer to work it has to support the start and stop level change commands and if the device has ramp rate settings then slowing the rate can help prevent it from overshooting.

If you open live logging do you see tons of messages while holding down the Zooz dimmer paddles?

Any idea why webCoRE shows 32 buttons? How can I tell which is up 3x, down 3x, etc.?

Webcore was created before ST changed their button implementation so it doesn’t support the new actions directly, but yo

The device only has 1 button and the post below explains how to use it:

FYI, SmartThings just broke the button implementation in Automations of the Android app so it’s now listing all 22 button actions instead of just the ones specified in the DTHs supportedButtonValues attribute…

1 Like

Figured out my issue, just had to exclude and include the the device patiently.

@krlaframboise

Any hints on setting up associations using your device handler?

I think I have done it correctly and nothing seems to work.

I have setup associations with other devices in the past successfully.

I add the association in the settings for the device in the smart things app.

I click the up paddle quickly 7 times and it states device is synced.

But when I toggle the switch on or off nothinng happens to the target device.

I have tried both association group 2 and association group 3.

I am attempting to either dim or turn on a zwave dimmer switch light

Compare their security inclusion security type in the IDE

Oh, thats a bummer the remote switch is S2 authentiicated and most of the switches I would want to control are not.

You can usually force the ZEN34 to join unauthenticated by not entering the pin or scanning the qr code. It will display a warning about security and ask you to exclude it, but you can just ignore that warning.

Unfortunately that doesn’t help with your non-S2 devices.

Well, replaced the physical dimmer switch with S2 and now the association is working! Thanks

2 Likes

@krlaframboise

I’m thinking about buying some of these remotes. Will they work with edge drivers?

In other words, if I buy them will they work in the future or should I not even bother? I would be using them with LIFX bulbs.

The Zooz channel I’ve created has a driver for this device. I’ll send you an invite to the private topic for the channel.

Are you currently using the built-in routines/automations feature to control those LIFX bulbs or are you using some other SmartApp?

I haven’t bought any of these devices yet. Still kicking around the idea. But I do appreciate an invite. Currently I am controlling the life X bulbs through webCoRE, I have not set up any native smart things routines with them yet.

Can you send me an invitation to the zooz edge driver channel??

Hello, can I have an invite for the zooz Zen34 edge driver?

Thanks !

@krlaframboise
May I get an invite the the zooz drivers please?

I’ve sent the invite.

1 Like