[RELEASE] Zooz ZEN72 700 Dimmer

There’s a driver available for this device on Zooz’s Edge Driver Channel.

Most of the information below is for the old Groovy Handler which will stop working on 9/30/2022.

This is a DTH for the Zooz ZEN72 700 Dimmer.

Features:

• Switch

• Dimmer

• Supported Button Actions: down, down_hold, down_2x, down_3x, down_4x, down_5x, up, up_hold, up_2x, up_3x, up_4x, up_5x

• Supports all Configuration Parameters

• Association Group 2 for controlling other dimmers (minimum firmware 1.03)

WARNING:

If you add a device’s Device Network ID to this device’s Group 2 Association setting and then remove that device from SmartThings, you MUST come back and remove it from that setting. Failing to do that will substantially increase the number of z-wave messages being sent by this device and could affect the stability of your z-wave mesh.

2 Likes

@krlaframboise
At the suggestion of The Smartest House, I installed 2 Zen72 switches in a 3 way set up. Due to wiring one must be controlled via association (I’m basically using it as an auxillary switch).

I have never used associations before so could use some setup help.
To get this to work and the switches to stay in sync I had to set association on both switches. This works well for on/off but not great for dimming from the secondary switch. The Smartest House had originally told me I needed to set up group 3 association for dimmer control but this doesn’t have group 3.

Will you please confirm that my settings are correct and that I am using the association correctly? Settings are identical on both switches.

I don’t think the settings should be identical because the devices have different device network Ids… Whatever The Smartest House said you should use for all the other settings is what you should use.

The Smartest House didn’t mention that it supports group 3 or notice that it was missing when they tested the handler, but I just checked z-wave alliance and it does support it.

Making the UI display a tile for it isn’t simple, but I think if you replace line 53 with the following it will display that setting which will allow you to add that association.

@Field static Map assocGroups = [2:"associationGroupTwo", 3:"associationGroupThree"]

1 Like

Thanks for the response.

I should have been more specific. All setting are identical except the network id set in association.

I will try replacing line 53 when I get a chance and let you know. It may not be u til this weekend.

There’s a driver available for the Zooz ZEN72 Dimmer on Zooz’s Edge Driver Channel.