[RELEASE] Security System: Intruder Alert with Actions

I was curious about the logic behind Enabling when “all configured conditions are met” and not when any of the conditions are met? The reason I ask is because I think it would make more sense for the system to be enabled if either every one has left or if a virtual switch is turned on. I think with how it is currently set up you can’t do that.

Ultimately what I am after is to use a few old tablets mounted to the wall so the in-laws can touch on a virtual switch tile on the tablet, get prompted for a pin and the system will be enabled for their zone, OR if they both leave but don’t turn the virtual switch on the system still will be enabled for their zone.

If there is a way to do this with the current requirement of all configured conditions must be met please let me know.

Thank you again!

If I wanted to set this up so the Zone configured in a particular instance of the app would be armed if certain people leave OR if a virtual switch is turned on should I set up routine to turn the virtual switch on if everyone in the desired zone leaves and set up a routine to turn the virtual switch off when any of the desired people arrive?

Thanks

Intruder Alert with Actions - Version 04.02.00

• Added support for beeping keypads on entry/exit delay in Notifications page
  • Added Locks as a condition in Arm/Disarm Settings page
  • Improved accuracy of exit countdown
  • Don’t resume playback if no audio volume is specified

Cross posting for keypad users:

I am using Sharptools to Arm/Disarm SHM, but Id like to have some (not loud) beeps. I have a Centralite keypad, but its not showing up as an option. (“There are no devices of this type”).

1 Like

Check if you’re running the latest version of the app and the latest keypad device handler.
Then see the instructions in the first post if this topic thereafter to enable beeping on your keypad for entry and exit delays.

Intruder Alert with Actions - Version 04.03.00

• Now use your Bose/Sonos/supported Audio players to notify using an audio file to replicate your SHM settings
  • Use a custom Audio URL to play your own audio files

1 Like

Hi,

Using the Intruder Alert with Actions, works perfect. Also using Lock User Management LUM with my KeyPad centralite 3400-c.

Using DeviceHandler: Enhanced ZigBee Keypad

My problem is that the entry beeps dont stop after the SHM is disarmed. Just keep beeping until my EntryDelay time is gone.

Any great solutions?

Thanks

Christian

Hi there. I just checked and it’s working fine here so I’m guessing it’s a configuration issue or a conflict. Check if you’re running then latest version of LUM to synchronize the keypad with Classic SHM and that the synchronization with Classic SHM (Direct Control) is enabled in LUM under Lock/Unlock Actions. If another app is conflicting with the keypad that could be a reason why it’s ignoring the request to turn off beeping is the above is configured correctly.

EDIT: Check that you’re using the latest keypad device handler also. There were some updates to LUM and the DTH a few weeks ago.

Hi there!

Is there a way to make it such that a “Panic Button” will trigger intruder alert regardless of any settings, modes, SHM modes, etc?

I only want an intruder alert to trigger when I am in away mode (or system is "Armed), meaning we are not home, but having a panic button trigger the siren and lights no matter the mode/setting would be a huge help. Is this possible?

Hey there. Yes you can do that, since you want the panic button to be always active and not restricted to the operating mode of your current security setup -> install a new instance of the app, don’t select any operating modes (i.e. always active) and assign your panic button and alarm in the respective pages.

Intruder Alert with Actions - Version 04.04.01

• Now with support for the new Sonos LAN audio player
1 Like

Maddie
I have sonos. Will I be able to play alerts through my sonos with the new version?
I have an mp3 file of a voice saying “intruder alert police have been notified”
Can i play that through all my sonos systems when alarm goes off?

Hi there. Yes you can, if you have a custom audio URL, in the Notifications page under audio notifications select custom URL and entry it. It has a bunch of preset audio files you can use or enter your own custom text which it will convert to Speech and play it.

1 Like

Maddie
Great

I have the mp3 file. Where do I put it so the st apps can access it? Is there a way to put it in the data space of smart things?

Todd
650-346-6718

1 Like

Hi,

I have recently installed this and it works really well! Thanks.
I noticed you have released a entry/exit delay countdown timers in version 03.06.00
I have installled LANannouncer on my tablet (I have also installed BigTalker but this doesnt help either) and would like that to speak the remaining time and chime before arming or intrusion but i cant find any docs on how to do this?

Could you please help?

Many thanks,
Chris

1 Like

Hi, can I use google home for anonnuncment?

Regards

OK I have had this working for a while and it was all going well. But I had to reset the Hub and start from scratch. Perfect time to go with the new app entirely and it works just fine for me… YAY! But unfortunately the voice announcements via Sonos are awful. I thought it was a foreign language , like German but after listening to it for a while I realize it is English but almost unrecognizable. Can we choose a different voice for the notifications? Like in other apps?

Will this app work correctly with the new Smartthings app? Or must I stay with SmartThings classic app?

Hi there. All of our SmartApps are compatible with the new ST app and the Classic ST app. You can create your own security setup with delays and more using this app in the new ST app.

SHM in the new ST app (STHM) is different from the Classic ST app SHM and only SHM can interact with SmartApps at this time.

1 Like