[RELEASE] Qubino Smart Meter

Hi all! This is my first attempt with a device handler, and it’s just a beta.
Anyway, I’m using this code and seems working good.

The Qubino Smart Meter is a Energy/Power meter device that can also manage two relays. My device handler currently doesn’t manage them, but reports correctly the energy informations, like current power, Max/Low values, power factor, etc.

Of course there is a lot of space for improvements, but I think that it is better to publish this beta now so that if you need that device handler you can use it right now.

Main screen:

https://github.com/cattivik66/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/cattivik66/qubino-smart-meter.src/qubino-smart-meter.groovy

2 Likes

Hello

I just bought that same device and I’m planning to install it in a few days. So even though I haven’t used it yet, I just wanted to thank you for your work.

As soon as I’ll have it working I’ll let you know if everything is working for me too, Maybe I can even help you out with some improvements.

Best regards!

Hi Thanks for the DH, unfortunately it seems not updating correctly the data for the latest smart meter version.
Power consumption is showing always 1 and other fields are empty. Maybe a mapping issue. Do you have time to work on this issue ? i can provide you all the details.

Thanks
Chris

Hi there!
yes, there was an update on smarthings and the device driver stopped working.

I have already developed a new version that works correctly, but I need to clean the code a little.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I’ll try to post a new release sooner, so that you can also have the device working again.

Yes Please , as soon as you can :slight_smile:

Cattivik …do you have any news ?

Any news on this one? :slight_smile:

Just checking in to see if you’ve had any chance to update the DTH in GitHub?

Thanks!

Hi cattivik66,

Is there any news regarding the update of this device handler?

You did a really great work with the first version of the DH and it would have been really nice if you could publish also the beta version of the updated DH. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi,
sorry for my delay. Currently I am selling my home and planning to move abroad so I was too much busy to go forward with this project.

I have updated today the release, hope everything is fine but I didn’t had the time to check myself.
If you find any issue let me know.

Here the link to obtain the code:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cattivik66/SmartThingsPublic/master/devicetypes/cattivik66/qubino-smart-meter.src/qubino-smart-meter.groovy

Has anyone tested the latest release here?

I’ve ported this Hubitat and seems to work except it doesn’t refresh… I can do it manually. Anyone else seeing this?

any news? i will buy it to check the energy from my photovoltaics…

Hi cattivik66,

Is there any version of the DH for the 3-Phase Smart Meter?

Thanks!

Hello,
I am also looking to use the 3-Phase Smart Meter. Does anybody succeeded integrating it to Smartthings?

Thanks.

@Mihail_Stanculescu @gmanor77, thanks for the interest. Honestly, I was even not following the Qubino and it was a good surprise to find that they created a 3-phase meter.
When I bought it, the 1-phase was the only available.

I am sorry but I would need the new 3-phase Smart Meter to develop the changes on the device and test it. Without having the device in my hands it would take too much time for me to make the necessary changes and test them.

The good thing is that, since I developed my device driver, SmartThings has improved a lot and now the integration should be easier and should require less code.

In theory, I found from the official SmartThings github, this code that could work.

If it does not work, and if anyone would like to provide me one 3-phase meter, I would be happy to develop a new release of the software that works with it.

Thanks for the reply. I was interested in the possibility of displaying kWh produced because I have a solar power plant and the energy meter has this function.