[RELEASE] Official Monoprice Smart Plug/Plugin Receptacle with USB Ports Device Handler

I’ve been spending some time diving into why some devices are failing and in the case of a rouge device, which makes sense per the prior reply, will cause nothing but problems

With Z-Wave being a black block within ST, step one for me is isolating the root cause based on known data in the IDE, which is seeing what variables are different. I believe part of this is captured and defined within the DTH, and the other part is how the hub processes along with how/what the device itself responds with.

Since I have 20 of the exact same 15654 MP Receptacle purchased not far apart, in theory all data should be close if not exact across all devices, but, as my luck would have it, that is not the case.

1) Any idea why there would be a mix of manufacturer = “null”, data in role, ff, and ui across devices? Pictures at bottom to illustrate. Summarized table below. This is a small sample of my 20 devices, all of the 15654 receptacle

Device State manufacturer: role: ff ui:
1 Existing “null” tag not present tag not present tag not present
2 Existing “null” 05 8700 8700
3 Existing tag not present 05 8700 8700
4 Newly Included with DTH Automatically assigned “null” tag not present tag not present tag not present

1a) Existing Devices, DTH Updated Post Inclusion:

1b) Newly included after RBoy DTH added via IDE. Exclusion was also done prior to inclusion.

2) It also does not appear secure inclusion is working despite following the instructions to the tee as none show the S after the zw in the raw description. This is true even after a fresh exclude/include. I do see the S with other MP devices as outlined in this thread, but just not seeing here on this device.

Steps to reproduce #2 Put the hub into inclusion mode, physically verify a blinking green light on the hub (which doesn’t always happen when using the ST mobile app - it’s a crap-shoot), THEN plug the MP outlet in the wall which produces a rapid blink and the LED goes dead which per docs indicate the device was securely included.

If this belongs in another forum or should be reported to ST Support, please let me know. I do appreciate the replies and help. BTW, the updated DTH for this is working perfectly now. Thank you!