[RELEASE] Neo Coolcam / MCO Z-Wave Light Switch

This device handler is for the NEO Coolcam / MCO Z-Wave Light Switch and I have tested to work for the following:

• NEO Coolcam Z-Wave Light Switch (Tested on EU-1/2 Gang)
  • MCO Home Z-Wave Light Switch (Tested on MH-312-EU only, let me know if it works for other series)

Note: It will NOT work on the new NEO Cookcam Z-Wave 3-Gang switch.

Features

• Auto-create child device (switch) for the 2nd/3rd/4th Gang (for multi-channel light switch) and control individual switch. No need additional virtual switch or smartapp binding.
  • 2-way status reporting
  • Customize refresh interval (under main/parent device’s settings) for device which doesn’t report status

Please feel free to try and let me know your feedback, suggestions.

Install these two (2) device handlers (parent & child):

Update 1:
I have another version for Neo Coolcam that comes with additional configuration

• Enable/disable ON/OFF backlit light
  • Whether the ON/OFF state should be remembered
  • It DOES NOT work with the new 3-Gang switch.

Install the following 2 device handlers instead…

Parent

Child

GitHub Repository Integration

Owner: hongtat
Name: AwfullySmart
Branch: master

7 Likes

Dear Hongtat,

by pure coincendence, I just today installed the Neo Coolcam Light Switch and was hoping someone would write a device handler, so guess that’s my luck.

I am not sure which device handler to use, what is the distinction between the two?

Thanks for your help (and the device handler).

Have to install both, and select “Z-Wave Light Switch Multichannel”, not child. Then tap on “Configure” to configure it.

I have a Neo coolcam 2-CH switch, when I first added it to the network it appeared as a z wave device multichannel and I was able just to manipulate one switch, then I found your code and installed it, then I just changed the device type on my smarthings website to the one that was created when I installed the code, the interface changed (got a similar screen as the one you posted) but I got only one button and still can manipulate only one switch, I don´t know if I have to exclude the device and then add it again with your code already installed… I´m using the US version.

Yes. This is correct. Use the other switch to on/off the CH2.

For example.

• 1-CH = 1 individually controlled switch in SmartThings
  • 2-CH = 2 individually controlled switch in SmartThings
  • 3-CH = 3 individually controlled switch in SmartThings
  • 4-CH = 4 individually controlled switch in SmartThings

Do I need also to buy a Z-Wave Plus Gateway by Neo Coolcam? Or I can connect this switch straight to Smartthings?

It connects straight to SmartThings.

1 Like

Have to say that these Neo coolcam products are so easy and fast to pair…the hub even finds the when im about 15m away.
And cheap

Does this switch need a neutral?

Yes it does!

Any support for the Neo Coolcam Z-wave smart power plug?

Use this handler

1 Like

When I tap Configure, nothing happens, no config options come up. I am using the Neo Coolcam 2-CH US version. While looking at the code I did notice that the model is different, code has 108B, Smartthings device info has 008B.

Any help will be appreciated.

There are no options in Configure - just tap it and it configures automatically.

Different model id is fine.

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, I am still stuck, :frowning:

Here is what I did
Removed all I did before to start from scratch.
When I Add a Thing, the switch and 2 endpoints are detected, renamed them and tap Done.
Changed the switch type to Z-Wave Light Switch Multichannel.
Tap Configure.

Now there is only the switch and no endpoints so I can only control 1 CH.

Am I missing a step / doing something incorrectly?

I created a virtual switch and assigned the second switch to it, works great like that

I wish to thank all who offered advice. The fix was to delete the original Child devices and the the 2nd channel control was automatically created. Thanks to @Bichi for providing this info in reply to my earlier PM.

Again Thanks to All!!

Hi,

I think everybody appreciates that you shared this handler with the community, but it still lacks a lot of documentation or sensitive info.
What is the difference between the parent and the child? What is the purpose of both handlers since usually you rely on a single device handler to do its job?
You can include some info on the necessary steps in order to ensure a proper configuration of them both.

Kind regards!

This explains the difference.

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/composite-devices/index.html

Because this is a multi-channel device, it would require either a single DTH + SmartApp + virtual switches or Parent/Child (composite) DTH to handle the multiple endpoints.

Thanks! All clear now.