This is a Star Trek LCARS themed HTML/CSS/JS wrapper for the ActionTiles home automation interface for Samsung SmartThings. LCARS stands for Library Computer Access/Retrieval System, and is the primary interface for all control and information systems in The Next Generation era of Star Trek television shows.
The wrapper uses iframes to embed ActionTiles panels within the unified interface. This also allows additional applications such as web controlled media playback software (Kodi, Roon, etc) or web controlled devices within your home to be embedded in the LCARS interface.
You can view a demo of this in action at http://www.lcarsatalaya.com. You won’t be able to view the ActionTiles Panels as you won’t be authorized, but you can see how the LCARS panel works.
- Tablet, PC, or other web enabled device with a web browser with a resolution of 800x480 or higher
- ActionTiles Account
- Local Web Server Device such as a Raspberry Pi, LAMP or WAMP stack, etc, or host on a public facing website if you want to be able to access the site outside of your home environment. This can also be loaded directly from the device you plan to use as your control panel by opening the index.html file in the browser. The directory structure must remain intact.
Note: If you intend to directly embed your Google Calendar or other “shared link” type data that does not require authentication within the LCARS interface, we strongly recommend that you do not host externally
Optional, but HIGHLY recommended:
- DAKboard Account (currently free), allows Google Calendar to be embedded behind an authorization barrier and has nice pictures, among other things
Screenshots, Pictures, and Videos
Screenshots on a portrait screen with Roon Audio embedded:
February 6, 2018
• Updated display to percentage. No longer requires user to adjust to their monitor size.
Thanks @kembond from ST community.
• Updated sounds. Now the menu uses several different sounds, as compared to one sound only.