[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

Let me figure out how to do a FAQ and I will lol

1 Like

Don’t worry about any special formatting or hosting; we can provide a place on our Forum or Blog page.

Just share your general notes with me when you’re ready; Support@ActionTiles.com

2 Likes

@tgauchat Ok. So I pushed it to GitHub. Only thing people will have to edit is their ip camera addresses(if they have cameras) in the camera.php file, their actiontile website addresses in the index.html file, the traffic location in the index.html file (It uses GPS coordinates), and the “Hub” is Dakboard. So they will have to set one up, and use that link. The weather uses geolocation. Should be fairly simple for people to do. It’s not noob, but very close. It’s a simple local website that uses frames to display their actiontiles, cameras, Weather, and dakboard.

@tgauchat, maybe you guys can write something up. I’m not a writer or explained, by any means lol.

2 Likes

I started poking at this a little bit, discovered some things you’ll want to tweak in the files before you release publicly. I sent details to you in a PM.

In the meantime, I’ve set it up on my Intel ComputeStick 22" portrait wall control panel and started adding some menu buttons on the left to control my whole home audio and home theater systems. Once I sort out the iFrame layouts and make them taller for my portrait screen, I’ll be able to start helping you write documentation for it.

3 Likes

You owe me a keyboard.
I was taking a sip of my post-workout protein shake when I saw this. Now I’m cleaning the screen and keyboard.
Damn you.

5 Likes

@tgauchat @anon36505037 @Synthesis @cchilds1976

Here is a link to the initial release… so everyone can play with it, and set it up to their liking.
LCARS User Interface For ActionTiles

8 Likes

Is anyone seeing some status updates not making it to AT? Today I have noticed a few issues:

1. Devices changing level and the level is not updating in AT (it is showing correctly in SmartThings).
  2. Devices changes from off to on and not reflecting as such in AT (again, fine in ST). This may be restricted to Harmony ‘switches’ - not sure yet.

A reload in AT does not resolve it.

UPDATE: Of course, as soon as I post in here it seems to have resolved itself. It was definitely an issue here for several hours today.

UPDATE: Happening still.

I have noticed in the past week or so the need to ‘reload’ more frequently than usual. Also a few days ago I noticed that the ‘mode’ tile seemed reluctant to change status (it failed to update to the current state even though other tiles did respond to a reload). I haven’t seen that happen again.

A possible bug …

I have a routine with a single quote mark in it (added via iPad if that’s relevant - I think sometimes iOS uses a different char than standard). It looks like the UTF-8 code for the quote is being displayed in AT:

Second from bottom should say …(xxxx's iPhone X)

This is an existing known published issue:

https://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/topics/1680-foreign-international-extended-unicode-european-asian-etc-aao-characters-not-being-imported-from/

We do not have an ETA for implementation of a fix.

That appears to refer to foreign characters. So a single quote falls in to that category?

Any “extended” character. I don’t know the exact specs; but either it works, or doesn’t.

The problem is due to a bug in SmartThings such that “extended” characters are stripped in outgoing asynchronous JSON posts. So we escape them all. We just haven’t unescaped them in every place in our app. They are handled properly in some places. It’s just an app change that hasn’t been fully implemented.

Okay, thanks,

@tgauchat
Is Action Tiles site down? I can’t connect via app or browser.

Is down here too. I posted it just now on their forum.

Great, now I have to teach my wife how to use SmartThings App…

3 Likes

Confirmed: Is Down.
I’m able to see my control panel where I can define/edit all of my AT settings, but it is blank with regards to what panels I have.

Same here.

Looks like all panels are missing from the admin panel on my end. You can add a new one and it’s viewable. Don’t recommend doing this though, as they may need to do a restore or something.

Only affecting production AT that I can see.

I’m back …

1 Like

Yep, here too🤗