[RELEASE] LCARS FrontEnd for ActionTiles, DakBoard, EnvisaLink, and other Web Controllers

That’s a good question… I honestly don’t know if AT can be tweaked that way or not. I think you may be on to something though… It’s not something I have the skill for, to be honest, so if you want to give it a try?

hmm issues with scrolling

If youre talking about Dakboard, it won’t scroll. It’s in THEIR settings. Which I cannot adjust, at least not as of yet.

I don’t use dakboard your way. I have a lot of cameras and when you scroll down it gets cut off and when you try to scroll backup it doesn’t scroll back to the top.

Install Fully Kiosk and you will see what I mean. It works fine in a plain ol web browser…

May be a padding issue. I had similar issue when I first started. Couldn’t see bottom tiles on my ActionTiles. Had to pad the iframe a bit. Maybe that browser needs more?

I’d love to get this setup but I have no idea how to setup a local web server device. Does it have to be on a Pi? Can it be done on a regular PC? Or maybe that’s a dumb question and that’s why I know nothing about local web servers…

Anyone know of a tutorial I could look over?

1 Like

You don’t need a server. You can install all the files to your device. And point browser to it. Only need server if you want it on multiple devices. Even then, not REQUIRED, just easier.

3 Likes

Get a raspberry pi on amazon then google LAMP setups.

2 Likes

Probably.

Keep in mind that ActionTiles is adding more and more customization (though it comes in bursts as we interleave other feature development and back-end work); which may eventually include tweaks all the way down to the CSS level.

Of course, this LCARS project shows that y’all enjoy tweaking the product via hacks, and @625alex and I think it’s fabulous! Keep at it!

5 Likes

@Jwwhite… did you get it working the way you wanted? I know you were having some issues…

Eric, haven’t really had time to play with it. It works if I use Edge, but for some reason not with Chrome. I’m sure it’s some setting in Chrome. I tried it on my windows 10 laptop, windows 10 tablet, and android phone. Same result. Since Chrome is synced between all those, it’s something common. I should have some time next week to see what’s going on. For a old retired guy I seem to be awfully busy. May have to go back to work to get some free time…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s the issue with Chrome. I have Third Party Coolies blocked. If I unblock them then it works. What I don’t quite understand is if I access my AT panels directly I don’t have to relog in each time.

I will have to evaluate whether to enable 3rd party cookies or not.

1 Like

Ahhhh… The third party cookies are due to the iFrame linking to an outside website that drops a cookie in the system.

Directly visiting the page is a direct cookie, so no issue. Visiting the LCARS panel which does not use a cookie, loading the AT Panel via iFrame and dropping a cookie in the system is a third party cookie.

Any way to set Chrome to allow some third party cookies? A whitelist of some kind?

Edit:
Based on what I’m finding online, Chrome can be set to whitelist specific sites, even while blocking third party cookies…

2 Likes

How did you setup your AUDIO tab? Well, not the tab itself…I know how to do that. I mean the actual audio (The Cream of Clapton) in your particular setup.

1 Like

I’m using Roon for my audio system with the web control interface extension created by a community member.
I just load the URL for the interface into an iframe under the Audio tab.

Thank you. Ill check it out

Roon looks like what Plex does already.

Plex doesn’t support non-Plex player devices on the network, with the possible exception of limited DLNA/UPnP devices. This means I can not play Plex music to any of my Airplay speakers throughout the house.

Roon sees every device I have, allows me to group devices together, synchronizes the audio using the various player standards it supports, and allows zone control with indendent music per zone if desired, zone transfers to move music from one area to another, etc. It’s limited on the streaming side of things, locked into Tidal, but otherwise is a GREAT application.

1 Like

@Evasilisin Question for you, I have this running on my PC using IIS. I also have the sonos pc app installed, is there anyway to make the sonos app come up on the panel music section?

There is a way to almost anything lol… But if sonos doesn’t offer web interface, it would require some code. Something that would work or be able to work, may already be on GitHub. What is the sonos pc software ?

1 Like