As you know the old Codersaur Evohome Integration has long been rendered unusable due to changes in both Honeywell and Smartthings. I had been waiting for a proper integration as it seems for ever. Despite not being a developer, i decided to give a try into making it work with the new Smartthings app. With a lot of help from @nayelyz i have managed to modify both the Smartapp and the Device Handler required in order to make it work with the new Smartthings app.
@zcapr17 (Codersaur) should take the most credit here as it is his creation, but as getting in contact with him was impossible, i took the liberty of trying to fix it myself.
Changes from the old app:
- Fixed the API endpoint to be the new one that Honeywell Evohome uses
- Added The new capabilities for the deprecated thermostat capability used by the new smartthings app
- Fixed the Checking Status on the dashboard tile for use with the new Smartthings app
- Generated the Presentation file required by the new smartthings app for correctly displaying the options for the inside of the new app
- Removed the old custom and deprecated capabilities from the old code
- Changed the default value for window function temperature from 5.0 to 5 as it would throw a bad request error
- Managed to get the correct thermostat modes to show app in the modes list in the new app presentation
- Managed to get the modes to work with the new app’s presentation. Some list items appear weird but this is a Smartthings issue
- Changed the links for the documentation and images to work.
- Removed the cooling options
- V2.1 Removed deprecated set temperature option at the automation actions.
Cannot set the temperature and an error is thrown.
You need to reinitialize the device handlers. The solution to this is to get the Evohome Connect SmartApp to resend the device id to the device handler. Fortunately you can do this going into the Evohome Connect SmartApp and changing a setting (I changed the polling period) which causes a refresh of the data.
Link to the Evohome 2020 SmartApp and Device Handler: https://github.com/andremain/EvohomeSmartthings2020
Note, when copying the groovy code from GitHub, don’t use the RAW view as this will corrupt the degree symbols in the code, copy from the standard view instead.
Note: The Water Heater zone not supported (Requires a separate DHT to be written. No idea if i will ever give it a go…)
Please use THIS thread for anything related to the Honeywell Evohome integration from now on