[RELEASE] ActionTiles, the homepage for your SmartThings home!

@tgauchat Terry, I’m missing some info from Contact Sensors also. I followed instructions from the “some things are missing from smartthings” thread, and added <capability “Actuator”> and <capability “Switch”>. All other capabilities were already in the DTC code. I’m getting a RED tile in Actiontiles (which is a ‘warning’ on Sballoz HV) and no battery reading shows.
Device: Quirky/WInk Tripper.
DTH: Quirky/Wink Tripper ; mitchpond.
Any other ideas?
Thanks so much

Please use the SmartThings IDE to look at the “Current States” (i.e., Attribute Values) section of the Device instance Details.

This is explained in a bit more detail here: Question mark "?" shown on Virtual Switch or other connected … / ActionTiles Knowledge Base / AT Support & Ideas

In other words… ActionTiles can only process valid values that are sent from SmartThings. Looking in the IDE, per above, is a starting point to diagnose what Attribute Values are set, and then we can move on and discuss if those values are valid - or not.

1 Like

I see…
In Current States I only have:
Tamper: Clear

So no value for Battery … therefore you can’t see a Battery level in ActionTiles.

I have no explanation for that. What Value is the Tile and what Style for Intentions do you have?

1 Like

I don’t understand ‘style for intentions’. :confused:
I just posted question about exposing battery to Mitch Pond (author of DTH) and Tom Wackford (helped Mitch and discussed battery with him previously). Hope they can help.

When you add a Thing to your Panel in AT, and then goto Tile Settings (Edit) for that Tile, scroll to the bottom and you will see Tile Intention for On and Off States. This plays a role in how the Tiles are rendered on your panel in addition to the Panel Style / Theme.

It goes a lot further to see a visual along with what you are explaining, and knowing the Panel Style / Theme and Tile Intention settings for that Tile.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are describing about the Tile being Red when viewing the Panel?

1 Like

Thanks for your help… Sballoz High Vis

Tile Intentions: If I’m looking in the right place, there aren’t any… I’m in Panel Builder and I clicked the 3 vertical dots for one of the tiles that the problem relates to, and clicked Tile Settings. All it gives is the dimensions. Am I in the wrong place?

For nearly a week now, I haven’t had to select ‘Reload’ on ActionTiles to periodically kick my Wink Relay browser back into normal operation (I’ve had to do this frequently for the last few months, as the tiles would stop updating and activating a tile would result in ‘Response to XXX has been delayed’ appearing on the screen with no resulting action). A buddy with a similar setup in a different city has had the same good experience. Has something changed on the back end, or is it just random good luck?

Please open a ticket with AT support and provide the Panel ID/URL.

We tune and optimize the app all the time. I’m not sure what in particular caused better performance on the Relay.

2 Likes

Nope. That’s the right place. All my open/close sensors have Tile Intention listed. This probably has something to do with Capabilities / States of the device type.

Any Xmas icons? All I see is Halloween.

1 Like

Barring any last-minute Beta issues, there’s an update coming soon … :christmas_tree: :menorah:

Happy Holidays! v6.7.4 Released today…

Icons of the season are now in ActionTiles (automatic update). Great way to highlight the switches of your festive SmartThings connected lights in and around your smarthome.

Release Notes: http://support.actiontiles.com/forums/12-actiontiles-forum/topics/2799-release-v674-seasonal-festive-icons-performance-improvements-ui-tweaks-and-bug-fixes/

10% off ActionTiles License w/Coupon: FESTICONS10p through Dec 25th.

1 Like

Have you guys not heard of chandeliers, outside coach lights, vanity lights, sconces, garland … ? And I just don’t get why we need a sleigh, reindeer, Santa hat and penguin icon to name a few. Am I missing something? I continue to be amazed at the weird and lacking selection of icons available in AT (and the SmartThings app while we’re at it).

What are we getting for Valentine’s Day - a chocolate icon?

I give up.

3 Likes

Great work guys! ActionTiles looks awesome on samsung 4k santa bought me on black friday…

3 Likes

Looking good! What browser are you using, is there a way to make a shortcut to it. I have a 75mu8000, so I would like to try it out.

I need an icon for one of my wife’s wi-fi enabled… ummm… personal items…

In all seriousness, I agree that there does need to be a little bit more variety to the icon styles for specific device types. We have lamp posts that would be nice to have. Overhead string lights, chandeliers, etc… In one particular case, having a barbell with weights on either end would be nice since I’m turning a room into a gym, and it will only have one smart switch in it for the overhead lights.

Icons definitely serve a purpose just as much as tile titles. A quick glance at a panel’s icons can make it easier to see what is or is not on without having to A) Memorize the layout of the panel, or B) Stop and read the text in the event that A has not yet happened.

2 Likes

All though I will agree with you that there needs to be more practical icons, both in AT and SmartThings itself, I will say that some of these new ones will be used by many of us. I have a Christmas tree on one outlet, a reigndeer outside that lights up on another, ecetera. Lots of people in my neighborhood have blow up santas and snow men and sleighs and all kinds of stuff like that so I can definitely see a use for a lot of these.

1 Like

Fair enough. But adding these ahead of the more practical and everyday type things is just frustrating to me. For some reason getting a good selection of icons in ST and apparently AT just seems like pulling teeth. I really don’t understand why.

2 Likes